𝟭𝟱. trouble maker

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
[ season two, episode eight ]
zero competition so they pissed !

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

    It almost seemed like they never lost 10K in some way a few days ago, but everyone knew better than that. Doc started voicing out his hatred by going separate ways, Natalia started sticking close to the sharpshooter more than usual, but he didn't seem to mind it. They were afraid to lose him again. They were afraid it would happen again, and this time, there wouldn't be second chances.

     Natalia stood around the front of their car in the middle of somewhere, all of them gathering around it. She fetched out all of her guns and placed it on the hood with a quiet clunk! Then she started checking the clips only to find the two Beretta empty while the other one had a bullet. She sighed under her breath and dropped the lone bullet on the car hood, the others doing the same thing with what they had.

     "Flashlight. No batteries. Half a bottle of aspirin. Well, I got no ammo," Doc listed out his things, then raised the red crowbar he found. "Found this."

     "I got two batteries and four bullets."

    "I got two in my gun. Two randoms in those."

    "You got gum?" Warren asked disbelieving, earning all of their attention as they looked at the redhead who slightly shook her head.

    "For repair purposes only." She told them, which made Natalia pout at her. 

     Doc placed an arm around her shoulder, leaning down beside her to breathe on her on purpose, causing Addy to let out a disgusted sound. "Remember fresh breath?"

     "Couple of bullets. Road flares," Vasquez said, dropping down his things on the hood of the car beside 10K.

    "I got one empty clip." 10K shrugged, then Addy suggested trying her bullets to see if they would fit with his gun.

    "I know this looks shaky, but we will find a way to get Murphy to California," Warren said, nodding reassuringly at the group.

     Doc turned away from the group so he could wake up Murphy. "Help me find some lunch. Nuts, fruit, edible tree bark."

    Natalia snickered as she cocked her gun. "Try the Pine tree, Doc!"

    "Any good?"

     "Chewy." She shrugged, causing a few of them to look at her with slight amusement. She kind of liked watching Euell Gibbons videos on Youtube before the apocalypse. Never realized how useful it can be until now. 

     While Doc and Murphy scout the woods for something edible to eat, the others were left to plan for their next journey ahead. Well, Natalia was over the grass field, kicking random things on the ground while keeping a lookout. She was hungry as hell, but what was new? It's the apocalypse. You just get used to it.

     Soon enough, the old doctor came around but without the blue man following behind him, which caused the group to sigh for the millionth time. "Damn it, Murphy!"

    "Where'd he run off to now?" Natalia clenched her jaw as she approached them. Doc glanced at her then threw his arms up, shaking his head in disbelief.

    "How do you just lose Murphy?" Warren asked incredulously as the group began walking back towards the woods where the old man came from. "What do you mean, he was just behind you? Really?"

    Natalia briefly raised her hand, taking some of their attention. "I suggest we put him on a leash."

    "We're not putting him on a leash." Warren sighed, urging the girl to fasten up her pace, and Natalia found herself walking beside the older woman with a small frown on her face, one hand holding her sweet machete.