𝟭𝟲. do or die

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
[ season one, episode thirteen ]
i hope the world will spin slower !

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     𝗙ollowing the sound of something ringing, they found a computer with two rotting corpse on top of each other, slouched over the table. As if the latter died earlier and the other one tried to do something but only ended up dying too. The sound was coming from a cellular phone, held between the fingers of the dead man. Doc was the one who checked it and found a couple of messages from someone.

    As he recited the messages the dead man sent to his wife, some of them felt quite glum. It's something they experienced too before shit went down. Except they weren't dead. Yet.

     Their sorrow session ended when Doc beamed about getting a message from their man up in Northern Light, Citizen Z. Natalia didn't talk much, but instead she decided to listen rather than open her mouth for stupid retorts. She can't help it. It's like, it's in her blood. Whoever had came across her relatives must've had the worse time of their life. She always liked it the thought of it.

    Murphy came for the seat and he threw off the corpse on the floor as he started to type in the password on the computer. Warren and the others gathered behind him, staring at the screen, thinking of the worse things that's possible after Citizen told them that he found weird things about the place they were currently in. That's reassuring. Natalia thought.

     First thing that showed up on the screen were videotapes of monkeys in different habitats, not only that, they were also acting kind of weird. Like crazy weird. The details, and the dates━it didn't make any sense. Because why the hell would they make a goddamn vaccine before the apocalypse even started? Or maybe, they knew and was already expecting it to happen. For whatever reason it was, look where that led them.

     They also found a clip of a male nurse who was supposedly exposed during the decontamination. Dr. Merch was pretty adamant on keeping him behind the secured glass him until he agreed to check him (more like, let her experiment on him). Natalia decided she wouldn't like that bitch. Not because she was the one who injected Murphy (because she doesn't really care about him), it's more because she looked like someone who's too smart and too stubborn, and that never really settled right with her.

    Natalia was itching to continue searching the place, and when Murphy finally stopped being angry about the doctor━they made their way further inside. There were a lot of things going on up inside her head even though she doesn't speak or doesn't show reactions. Besides, she wasn't into boring things. She was sure she's still that reckless girl back at Camp Blue Sky.

     Oh, how far she'd come.

     The cellular phone that Doc held starting to ring again, and it was Citizen Z. After all, there was no one else out there who could be calling them. There was no else that could have cellular phones and signal now. So basically, he told them about the decontamination and another thing was, they needed to get naked. As if there wasn't enough humiliation for the world to see.

     Also it didn't make it any better that if they don't follow the protocol, the decontamination━they will naturally set off a nuclear weapon straight down to the lab.

     The survivor group entered the decontamination room with mixed emotions. Natalia stood against a wall with her arms crossed, an unsatisfied expression on her face from the fact she didn't like the idea of getting naked around other people. But whatever saves their asses, they shall do.