𝟬𝟭. never ending

CHAPTER ONE
[ season two, episode one ]
life was never worse but never better !

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     𝗘verything felt like it was in slow motion. Natalia gripped the edge of the car seats, staring outside the windows towards the blue sky where something━a weapon of destruction━flew past above them and to the lab. As it reached the ground, a faint sound of the explosion echoed from where she was, bright light flashing upon their faces from a safe distance. The nuclear left a cloud of smoke shaped like a mushroom. Those who were close to it was in huge danger for sure.

    Little did she know, not only the lab has been blown off witha nuclear weapon, but also the other parts of the world. All because one of them didn't follow the whole decontamination thing. It took one simple move to set off that big of a ruckus. What else could've gone wrong if they didn't run fast enough?

    She knew they weren't safe yet and as soon as the cloud of dark smoke got nearer to their car, Natalia hoped for the best. A nuclear weapon that strong could blow off an entire city and by that means, they could still get affected by the explosion though not much, but strong enough to flip the car.

    Warren swerved the vehicle to a tunnel close to them, and before she knew it, the nuclear fallout had reached them. Natalia grabbed onto something so she wouldn't get thrown out of the car. It was painful to say the least. The last thing she remembered was staring at the road tunnel before darkness took over her vision.

    She swore she was dead. But the feeling of someone pulling her out of the backseat was a sign that she wasn't. Pain shot up towards her head and her neck, it felt like she had been hit by a huge truck. It's not a pleasant feeling at all. She could possibly have a bad concussion or a broken neck. A broken neck doesn't sound good, so she'll prefer the first one.

     "Am I in heaven?" Natalia tried to blink her eyes open, adjusting to the bright light around her even though it wasn't that much. Fuck. She might actually have a real bad concussion.

     "No, sweetie. You're still alive and kicking," Warren grunted, helping her stand up as the group of four stood and faced the destruction before them.

    "Holy shit. Is that snow?" Doc gaped at what the nuclear explosion had done to mother earth.

    A light chuckle escaped from her dry lips, her hoarse throat hurted a bit but she covered it with a tight grin. "Snow."

    "Nah, that's not snow." Warren's face contorted into a frown. As if the zombie apocalypse wasn't enough, the nuclear fallout had been added to their stacks of problems. "That's ash. Radioactive fallout."

   What's left of the Operation Bite Mark walked among the dead land and ruins caused by the nuclear bomb that got set off. Doc has been shot earlier at the lab and he's not doing any better at all. 10K and Warren had his arms slung over their shoulders to help him balance and walk properly while Natalia walked in front of the three, watching out for any Zs or humans even though she was in a bad shape herself.

     But Doc was worse. She reminded herself.

     10K leaned the old man against a rubble of vehicles and let him breath for a second. The bleeding had stopped but there are still some risks if not treated properly. Doc kept on insisting to leave him there, and told them to find Murphy instead of helping his old ass. He didn't exactly want to be a burden. Then again, knowing the two youngsters and Warren━they wouldn't just leave him at any circumstance.