𝟭𝟮. tag, you're it

CHAPTER TWELVE
[ season one, episode eleven ]
evanescence always fleeting like a flame !

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

    𝗧he feisty dual pistol wielder stood under the shade that Doc and Mack made near their vehicle, making the fabric as a makeshift roof with 10K standing guard in front by the hood. Murphy came walking towards them with an irritated expression on his face, but sometimes, she thought, maybe that's just his face. Grumpy, and old.

     "That blonde one keeps looking at me," Murphy complained.

    "Oh man, don't get down on yourself like that," Doc told him with a tint of sarcasm. "You are a perfect hunk of man meat, and don't you ever forget it."

     "Ha, ha. Don't quit your day job." Murphy rolled his eyes and walked off.

     "Is there really all women in there?" 10k asked when he approached them, a small innocent smile on his face. No one blamed him. He was never really around other people other than his father.

     "Yeah. Enjoy your imagination kid," Doc said and Mack chuckled in amusement. "That's probably all you're gonna get."

     "Don't influence him, Doc," Natalia scoffed with a tint of amusement, leaning against the van.

     The sharpshooter looked almost looked dejected, and the other men tried to stifle their laughter as 10K walked off with his sniper rifle in his arms.

     "You know what I don't understand? What the hell happened to all their men?" Mack spoke out the question they'd been thinking ever since they landed their asses there.

     "Well maybe we can ask her." Doc gaped at somewhere, and when she followed his gaze, her eyes became saucers at the sight of food as the sweet aroma entered her nose.

     "Sweet baby Jesus," Natalia mumbled. She could feel her mouth salivating from hunger.

     "Angels from heaven," Doc beamed as they walked towards her. She seemed a little nervous. "Is that pie?"

     "Blueberry. Um, I, I, I made it by myself. Do you guys know where the... the other one is? The one with the... with the hair and those eyes? He..."

     She stopped rambling and Natalia tried to follow her gaze. Her face immediately contorted into a disgusted frown. Al their attention turned to the tent as their savior of a friend crawled inside with the sharpshooter standing outside, a couple feet away. 

     "10K, Hold my calls, wake me up after the apocalypse," He ordered.

     "I'm gonna go give him a piece of this," She breathed out, and shoved one whole pie towards them and a scissor (with a small paper that said it was for Natalia), then she darted towards the tent without giving them time to answer.

     "Oh! That's mine." Natalia beamed and grabbed the scissor, but before she could leave them, she also plucked a piece of pie, eating it off her fingers. She made her way to the back of the van so she could chop her hair off.

     It didn't took long for her to cut her own hair, and the fact that she wasn't an expert hairdresser━it looked quite... uneven. It'll grow back. With a slight shrug, she carelessly threw the scissor on the floor of the van and made space for the others as they joined her in the backside with the sweet blueberry pie.

     Squished between the two men who had one of their leg up, she didn't seem that bothered while she sat with her legs close to her chest as she munched on her pie. Mack wasn't that surprised to see her new haircut but 10K? Oh, boy, he was rather smitten by how she looked. Cute. Even with the dirt and dried blood on her face.