𝟬𝟮. try hard

CHAPTER TWO
[ season two, episode one ]
you told me i'm sick in the head !

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     The Westbound Survivor group or at least, what's left of them, cramped together in a flatform with wheels underneath attached to the ATV that Mack drove since they couldn't find another vehicle to ride. Passing by a sign that said: WELCOME TO CHEYENNE, WYOMING. She begin to wonder how the hell did they even come this far? It almost seemed like a dream (more like a nightmare).

     "Oh hey!" Addy exclaimed. Natalia furrowed her brows. She speaks no español although she knew a few nice words. Anyway, it was probably some shit about Murphy. "My Spanish is terrible, but I'm sure this is what they were talking about." Addy exclaimed,

     "I wonder who else heard that broadcast," 10K said from beside Natalia.

    "Probably everybody," She muttered, shifting a little as she was sandwiched between the sharpshooter and their leader, Warren.

     "Ten o'clock!" Mack warned. All their heads turned towards the people around them.

     She already knew their intentions. Ever since Citizen Z announced that bounty over Murphy's annoying self━everyone's been pretty adamant to find and catch him. She was sure Murphy's already starting to regret fleeing from them if another group of people finds him and not Warren. At least they treat him better than anyone else could do even though some of them doesn't like him that much. He's a piece of crap sometimes.

     A red van drove past them in a slow movement, the lady inside the car had a stare down with each one of them. Natalia glared at her and scoffed when she turned her attention back to the road. As if her funny little stares would intimidate her.

      "Folks are friendly here in Cheyenne." Doc said sarcastically.

     "Friendly ain't the vibe I'm getting," Warren retorted. "Let's find Murphy and get the hell out of Dodge."

     "Cheyenne."

     "Whatever."

     "Okay, so we all need to think like Murphy," Warren began. "Get inside his zombified head. And I know that's a scary place to be. But where would you hide if you were Murphy?"

    It seemed like both of the youngest of the team had the same idea as their eyes landed on a certain establishment. They shared a knowing look with each other.

     "You say think like Murphy?" 10K mused, staring at the sign outside a club.

     They all followed his gaze. Of course. It wasn't just any other club. It was a freaking strip club with a huge ass sign outside that said, LIVE NUDE GIRLZ. Very classy. Everybody shook their heads.

     "Hell, they might as well have his picture on the sign," Doc quipped.

     As the group entered the strip club, right enough, Murphy sat on a stool in front of the empty bar, swirling his alcohol around as if he wasn't in the middle of the apocalypse and he wasn't being chased by bounty hunters and the whole community of people.

    "Son of a bitch, " Natalia muttered under her breath, stepping forward from the sides and glaring at him from a safe distance. Her face contorted into a deep scowl.

     "Hey, guys," He greeted, sounding extremely nonchalant and cheery as if he didn't just set off a whole nuclear bomb on some parts of the earth. "What the hell took you so long?"