𝟭𝟬. sinful acts

CHAPTER TEN
[ season two, episode five ]
behind the dark sky you looked at me !

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

    As soon as the truck slowed down in front of a pharmacy, Natalia jumped down from the cargo bed, slightly squinting from the harsh sunlight as she took out her trusty machete. The streets were as quiet as it can be from the lack of humanity, but she could still see a couple of zombies mindlessly roaming around the empty streets.

    Vasquez opened the door to the pharmacy, holding his rifle as he whistled a random tune to attract any zombies━if there's even one inside. Even though they weren't sure if the store's clear, Natalia pushed past them, sauntering inside as if it's the safest thing to do. Her friends exchanged looks with each other but they couldn't do anything to stop her from making any rash actions.

    Natalia wasn't even listening to them. She was too busy glaring at the empty counters and expired packs of foods. Goddamn apocalypse. Cursing under her breath, she swiped another isle of empty boxes, the trash falling onto the floor. She walked over it, venturing further inside the store to check if there's still something useful. A box of nothing can't help her, and it won't heal 10K.

   However, she stopped in on her tracks when she found a man slouched over the floor, near thr counter with his legs stretched out. She wasn't sure if he was dead or alive, but she was still cautious and brought out her semi auto Beretta 92FS, pointing it at the unknown man's head.

    "Guys," Natalia called, narrowing her eyes at the man. "You gotta come see this.

    Vasquez and Addy, along with Jacob soon appeared beside her. Addy bent down to check if he was alive, and then she cleared her throat. "Is he... "

    It caused the man to breathe out and straightened up from the floor. Vasquez beside also raised his rifle, pointing at the man. The first thing she noticed was the unsterile needle stuck on his arm, along with a few other healed needle marks. When he looked up, her suspicions was confirmed. He's a drug addict. The man ripped off the needle on his arm, slightly whimpering, but he scampered up his feet when he noticed them before him.

    "Hey, whoa, whoa," Addy reassured the frantic man as Natalia followed the man with her gun. "Hey. Hey. It's okay. It's okay."

    "You're not zombies."

    "We're not zombies."

    "You're not zombies. You're alive."

     "Yes, we're alive."

     "Okay. Then you got to help me, okay?"

     "Okay."

    "Okay. You got to kill me. Please? You got to kill me, okay? Because I want to die, so if you could just..."

    Natalia didn't look surprise at his suggestion, and she glanced at the redhead to see her slightly shaking her head. Vasquez asked if he took everything inside the pharmacy and when he said he did, that was the last straw that got Natalia even more frustrated. The man was adamant on having one of them take his life, but none of them wanted to do it. He even tried to step forward but Vasquez pushed him back in his place before he could. Talk all he wants, but never touch the girls.

    "Just shoot me," He said shakily, turning around to grab something, which was another unsterile needle. "Will you?"

    Natalia narrowed her eyes, shaking her head. "Don't do that."

    Her warning was left ignored when he still decided to attack them, causing the girl to raise an arm and quickly clicked the trigger of her pistol. A loud bang echoed throughout the pharmacy as blood splattered over the wall behind him like a sick painting.