𝟬𝟰. eventful day

CHAPTER FOUR
[ season one, episode four-five ]
i was in the wrong place at the wrong time !

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     𝗡atalia Ackerman had never felt so frustrated before. She had never seen or encountered something that lasts every fucking second they breathe out. It's like God hates them so much and she doesn't even believe that he exists. No offense. Or maybe, the world just likes to play with them for fun. Do you ever get a feeling that you're just a game simulator and someone up there is controlling everything?

     Exactly. She hated it.

     First, it was the consecutive car raids. They ended up getting kicked out of their own vehicle because of a group of bandits who cornered them in the middle of the road. Some of them were acting as zombies with the real ones, chains attached to their feet. It wasn't surprising. Really.

     They had to give up their truck and those bastards left them their old vehicle. It was almost as old as her grandfather, and he was dead. It was one of those cars that looks like a turtle but this was orange. She can hardly tell by how rusted and broken down it looked. All of them had to fit in that small bug, and man, it took a lot of space.

     And by the way, it didn't end at that.

    They encountered the same group of bandits who stole their truck in the middle of the road, but this time, they thought they were robbing a family of four with two children, a boy, and a girl. However, it turned out to be the complete opposite. The family was actually the robbers and they ended up killing all of those men, even the children with their guns bigger than their hands.

     Once again, they took their truck.

     It was like a never-ending game, but this time, surprisingly, it finally ended. As they drove the pitiful car, they ended up seeing the same family with their black truck, but zombies were now devouring the parents and their kids. At that point, Natalia was just done. She wasn't even surprised anymore.

     They took their vehicle back and made their way out of the hell road. It was quite a ride, she couldn't deny that. But she wished it never happens again. California seemed like a long way to go, and it wasn't getting better with the distractions on the road.

    They found a way to contact that Citizen Z guy and talked to him about their mission, telling him about needing a faster vehicle that could get them to their designation. He informed them about some chopper in some place where a refugee once took place. But of course, people eat people. They all died and came back to kill all the living.

     Turned out the army guy guarding the building was a drug addict, although it wasn't much of a surprise. The world was fucked up, and I'm sure it did the same to everyone else. Natalia totally had the time of her life. Anyway, the captain of some sort only wanted their doctor, well, at least that's what they call him.

    Steven Beck wasn't an actual doctor, but he knows his stuff from the countless movies he watched before the apocalypse. Expect literally everything. The old man was a legend. The best one out of all of them.

     It took a while, and when the humorous old man didn't come back when they all regrouped, that got them very worried, especially, 10K. They figured something was wrong so they decided to enter the building. Natalia was left behind with the sharpshooter, and for once, she didn't complain.

     The aces guarded the perimeter; 10K sprawled over the bed of the truck, his sniper close to him as he scoped through it and shot some zombies. Meanwhile, Natalia sat next to him, her hazel eyes skimming over the area with cautiousness yet she looked as calm as she can get.