𝟬𝟱. religiously bad

CHAPTER FIVE
[ season one, episode six ]
we will burn with this town !

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     𝗧he group huddled around their black truck parked on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere beside a sign that said KANSAS CITY 87 MILES in white bold letters. The paint was a little chipped but that wasn't any of their worries. They had abandoned the firetruck a while ago after running out of gas.

     Now, all of them were watching the last hope of humanity as he took a piss in the fields from afar with his back turned to them. They were discussing some serious matters. By serious, I mean, who's calling dibs to pike him first if he ever turns maniac or something.

     Besides, he looked like he was slowly turning into one of those undead, and it was not making them any much less uneasy. But a part of them had to hope. After all, he was the reason why the group got together and formed to carry out a mission that wasn't really for them in the first place.

     As they drove once more, the truck eventually slowed down in front of a secured gate━the place Hammond supposedly marked on his map. Garnett also seemed to know who runs the place. A few armed people approached them with their guns raised. Natalia, who stood in the back of the truck next to 10K, raised an eyebrow at the scene in front of them.

     "Surrender all weapons?" She heard him read the sign attached to the gates. "Are they serious?"

     "Looks like," Mack muttered.

     Her face fell. "That's bull."

     Mack only gave her a small shrug. Natalia sighed exaggeratedly, letting her arms drop to her side as she moved closer to the redhead on the other side of the cargo bed. Addy pursed her lips at her, a little amused by the girl's reaction before slinging an arm over her shoulders. 

     Addy sent her an apologetic smile. "You'll be fine, Nat." 

     "I won't be fine," Natalia slightly huffed to show her disappointment.  Her hands trailed over the precious weapons that she got since day one (although she treasures her machete the most)). I mean, it has her initials engraved on the blade. Of course, she wouldn't lose that. "Not without my babies."

     Garnett was the only one who got off the truck since he had a connection with Major Williams who ran the refuge. Natalia didn't feel the least threatened by their words or their firearms and she yawned loudly, getting the attention of some of the armed men in the front. She got a warning look from the National Guard but she just sent him a sweet smile in return.

    They all had to check in their weapons which they weren't so happy about━especially the two youngest of the group, Natalia the most. It took a lot of time for them to get suited and give all of their weapons to them. 10K was the last one right before her. 

     She didn't really have a lot of weapons on her like he does, but man, it was like being in a long line. She kind of... spoken a lot of nice words to the person in charge. She was hesitant to hand her weapons away but Mack convinced her to do so.

     They had to usher her away inside the gates before she does something stupid. It was quite the scene. Natalia didn't like how she felt so empty without her weapons. It was like being naked around people you don't even know. Frankly, she thought it was stupid. It was bound that something always goes wrong. Maybe not now, but soon.