𝟬𝟭. lost miracles

CHAPTER ONE
[ season one, episode one ]
i've lost all ambition for worldly acclaim

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     𝐈t was surely a strange sight to see. A grinning girl standing on the roof of an abandoned car and single-handedly shooting zombies with her gorgeous handguns. A 9mm semi-auto Beretta 92FS was held in both of her slender hands and another pistol, an S&W K22, was attached to her right ankle. There were also a few other weapons she nicked somewhere else she couldn't remember.

     Upon sensing one of the undead about to jump at her from behind, she swiftly dropped down from the top of the car and flicked her wrist towards the zombie as a knife that she got from out of nowhere, flew towards it. The blade was embedded in the middle of its forehead. Lowly whistling at her success, she lifted her arm and shot another one that was running towards her on her left flank.

     She definitely thought she looked like a whole crazy person with her position right now. Because who the hell in their right mind would have fun killing zombies and messing with them?

     Apparently, Natalia Ackerman. It was her way to get rid of the heavily pent-up feelings inside her.

      I mean, the other people in the camp don't really complain since she actually helps them sometimes. With her mad skills and some useful medical knowledge, they just know they could survive with her. Even when sometimes she gets a little too excited about some unusual and dangerous things, like going on a run and risking their lives.

     Everybody thought she just found it interesting, but that wasn't all the truth. They didn't know that Natalia just didn't care about dying. Her only demand was not to let her turn into one of those monsters, because she would totally kill them before she even turned. Natalia didn't like the thought of looking like a rotting corpse. No way in hell.

     When she heard a gunshot echoing from somewhere in the woods, Natalia immediately thought of her friends who she had come with, in the first place. But then, as usual, she eventually strayed away somewhere in the woods where somebody used to camp. Her brows raised. That's probably why there were a couple of abandoned cars around her right now. The owners? Eh. They were probably dead.

     She quickly bolted towards where the sound came from, with pistols in both her hands with their safeties off (as if accidentally pulling the trigger wasn't the most dangerous thing ever). The first thing she saw was a zombie about to take a bite off her friend's head, but as usual, she came prepared. It was like her hand had a mind of its own as it raised and pointed her gun at the zombie.

     A gunshot echoed. Surprised eyes turned to her.

     Natalia slightly craned her neck at the dead zombie, the barrel of her gun still smoking. A sweet smile flashed across her face.  "Well, that was close."

     Despite almost getting his head bit off, Mack Thompson looked relieved at the sound of that monotone and sarcastic voice he always hears. He had the time to roll his eyes at the younger girl's remark.

     "Oh, my savior," Mack said sarcastically.

     Natalia flashed him her middle finger. "You're welcome, idiot."

     Meanwhile, his girlfriend, Addison Carver, looked delighted to see her as she gestured for her to come over to her side. The others, which were the two goons, or businessmen, entrepreneurs━whatever, Natalia didn't even care━started to pack up their stuff inside their van in a hurry before driving away from them.