-Gone Forever-

(C)

"I love you Chan. You have a great future ahead of you, I know it. Please don't grieve over me for too long, and please live your life to the fullest."

That's what he said. Those were the last words my dad said to me before I lost him forever. I will never hear his voice or see his face again.

Never ever ever again.

I had just come back home from the funeral, and it all just hit me at once. I stuffed my face into the pillow, crying my eyes out.

It was strange. Not a single tear came out my eyes at the funeral, but now that i'm farthest away from my father, I decide to cry.

Maybe I didn't want to cry in front of my mother. Maybe I wanted to show her I was strong, and I can handle the pain, so she won't have to worry about me.

I don't know how i'm feeling.

I lift my head out of my pillow. I walk to my mirror and stare at my wet face. "Weak weak weak." I whispered to myself.

I didn't deserve to feel sad, when my I know my mother is probably going through three times the amount of stress and sadness.

I snap out of my thoughts once I hear soft tapping on my door. I quickly wipe the tears off my face, and clear my throat. "Hey Channie. You okay? I heard some noises." Said my mother in a soft voice.

"Yeah, i'm okay." I open the door. "Hey, why don't you go rest. I'll make dinner for us." I said to her. "Oh Chan, you don't have to do that. You must be tired from today." She said.

I shake my head. "I insist. I'll make your favorite." I said reassuringly. "Are you sure?" She asks. I nod my head in response. She cups my face with her hands. "Oh Chan. How did I get such an amazing son? I don't deserve you." She said.

"You deserve to relax, mom. I'll wake you up when dinner is ready." I said, softly pulling her hands off of my face.

"Chan, you look so much like your father." She said softly. I saw tears forming in her eyes, so I hugged her. I hugged her tightly as she sobbed into my shirt.

I cried with her. We had lost a part of ourselves that we'll never get back.

We lost someone we loved.

—————-