Chapter 29 Simple, but Effective

Chapter 29 - Simple, but Effective

George's POV

I always seem to get so nervous. Since I was born I've been a nervous wreck. Like the fact that I fainted on stage when we found out we where through to the final. I was just that nervous. And whatever happened today, we would still be placed second. But I was so, so nervous!

Char had suggested I take calming tablets to get rid of the sick, shaky feeling, but I didn't accept them. Knowing me, they would just make me feel worst. Maybe...

"Please George, it won't do any harm!" She begged, holding the packed up against my face.

I frowned and looked at my watch. The show was starting in half an hour. The tablets only took ten minutes to start working properly, and laster for three hours...

"Fine" I gave in. If it helped, it could make a huge difference.

"Really?" Char asked, her eyes widening in shock.

"Really!" I chuckled, holding my hand out.

She grinned and poured three into my hand. "Three last longer," She explained.

I nodded, and picked up the glass of water she had given me from the table.

One... two... three...

I threw the tablets into my mouth, and sipped a drink of water. I swalled the tablets, and set down the glass. That was much easier than I expected!

"Thanks babe" I smiled, leaning down and kissed her lips softly.

She smiled against my lips, then drew back, as Dermont came into the room.

"There you are George! We've been looking for you everywhere! You have to get ready. Charley you better be going to! Your going to miss Justin Bieber's performance!" He said.

Char squealed. I rolled my eyes and laughed at her. Typical fangirl my girlfriend is!

Dermot chuckled and walked out the room, giving me the sign to come with him. I nodded, and as soon as he was out of the room, I smashed my lips against Char's.

She smiled into the kiss. "Goodluck George" She whispered, her arms around my neck.

I put my head on her shoulder, and breathed in her warm, rose-like scent. She leaned onto my chest, and I held her tightly, hoping she felt safe in my arms.

"I love you" I whispered, pecking her lips softly.

"I love you too" She smiled, "whatever place you come, I will always love you."

As cheesey as it sounded, thats exactly what I wanted to hear. She would always love me. I knew Charley was the right girl for me. She didn't love me for fame, or for money. She loved me, for me.

-------30 minutes later-------

"The winner of the X Factor, 2012, is..."

The suspence was killing me. Just tell us already! I looked at the other three. Josh, who had his arm around my right shoulder, had his fingers crossed, just like me. Jaymi, who was on my left, was shaking, and I could see his forhead slightly sweaty. JJ was beside Jaymi, and he also, had his fingers crossed. Knowing JJ, he probably had his toes crossed too!

But, I wasn't as nervous as I normally would have been. The calming tablets where really taking effect! I didn't feel sick either. Or shaky. I actually felt a bit.. hyper...

"Ella Henderson."

I let out the breath I had been holding in, as the croud erupted into cheers, and even tears, and Ella jumped up so high, she could have reached the ceiling!