Chapter 39 All the Same Mistakes

Chapter 39 - All the Same Mistakes

It was about midnight, when I heard the cry. I hadn't been able to sleep at all, so it didn't wake me up. I was laying on the bed, with George's arm dropped around my waist. It was comferting really. I haven't got a clue why I couldn't sleep. Actually, thats a lie. I have an idea, a bad one two. Since we came here, JJ just didn't seem to be able to keep his eyes off me. Everytime I turned around, I would catch eye contact with him, and that made him blush. Blush. I don't know why, but I have a bad feeling about it. I sighed and looked at George peacefully sleeping beside me. A silent snore was escaping his slightly parted pink lips, causing me to chuckle. He was so cute, it should be illeagal. I sighed and kissed his forhead, keeping my lips on his skin for a minute, before pulling away.

A warm tickle on my feet, told me Blaze was still there, sleeping. I smiled lightly as I remembered him cheekily trying to get under the covers, and at our feet. I finally agreed, although George didn't seem too happy about my decision, but gave in when he realised how warm he kept our feet. As long as he didn't do any of his... business... it should be fine.

This, is when I heard the cry. It was very quite at first, and I thought I was just hearing things. But then, it got louder, until it sounded more like heartbreak howling. I couldn't just lie there while one of my best friends where crying, I had to check who it was, and what was wrong.

I climbed out of George's arms carefull not to wake him, or Blaze. They were both heavy sleepers, so I had no problem with that. I then tip toed my way to were the crying was coming from. It had now turned into sniffles, but whoever it was, still had tears.

"Psst," I whispered in the darkness.

The sniffling suddenly stopped. A deadly silence surrounded the moving tour buss.

"Who's awake?" I whispered again.

"Who is it?" The croaky voice was obviously a boys, and it came from the far corner, at the top bunk.

I made my way over, before replying, "Charley."

I could almost hear the person tensing up, it was that quiet.

"Come up," The voice whispered back.

I did just that, and climbed up onto the top bed. My eyes were adjusting to the dark now, and I could just make out the figure of him. It was JJ. The last person I wanted to see right now. But, he is one of my best friends, and the closest to me after George from the bad, so I had to see if he was alright.

"JJ?" I said as I shuffled infront of him, trying to be as quiet as possible.

I could just make out him nodding, and wipe a tear from his eyes. I put my hand on his knee as a comfort, but he made it awkward by tensing up, and gulping. I closed my eyes, and took my hand away. My heart speed increased. It was so loud, I was almost sure JJ could hear it pumping in my chest. What had happened to JJ? He used to be so, so carefree. But now, he was more tense. This all happened in one day. What had he done to Jamie? As in my hyper best friend Jamie?

"Why were you crying?" I had the guts to ask.

He took a deep breath, and switched on the little reading light he had beside him. That made it easier for me to see his tear-stained face, and blotchy eyes. He must have been crying for longer than I thought. He might have just got louder when I heard him. I suddenly felt sorry for him, and hoped I could do something to help him. It broke my heart to see him like this.

"I might as well tell you," he frowned, running a hand through his messy, flat hair.

"You can trust me," I smiled weakily.

"I know," he smiled back. He took another deep breath.

"I like this girl," he began.

My grin spread across my face. Yes! It must be Anna, who else would it be?

"Anna?" I giggled, wiggling my eyebrows.

He sighed. "Yes, but no. I feel more... connected with this other girl. I feel more love with her, even though I know she is out of bounds, and I have no chance with her at all." He sounded so sad, I wanted to break down in tears. JJ had a huge chance with this girl. He was a great guy. Any girl would be lucky to have him.

"How?"

"She has a boyfriend" he said the next word silently, "who happens to be my bestfriend."

My breath caught in my throat. "Is it... Sofia?"

He shook his head.

I tried again, praying that this was a nightmare. "Andrea?"

He shook his head again, ignoring eye contact with me.

"Is it... me?" I gulped. I loved George with all my heart. Could JJ really fancy me?

His breath turned sharp and heavy.

"JJ? Am I the girl?" I asked again.

I got answered, by a pair of full, red lips crashing onto mine.

This felt wrong. Very wrong. Too wrong. But for some reason, a reason I just can't explain, I kissed him back.

A/N

aaaaahhhhh dont hate me please! I just needed some drama with the other band members, otherwise it would get boring wouldn't it? please dont stop reading, that would break my heart... argh. so im sorry its short, i just needed to update! hope it was ok... please leave a DETAILED COMMENT cos I love them?:)

Oh btw, theres going to be an interview with union j, so if you have questions you want the interviewer to ask about anything random, leave it in the comments, and it will be asked! Thats the comment challenge aha;) the cutest comment will get a dedication x

Never change, your all perfect<3

- Mairead xx