fourty-six

Y/N and Taehyung sat next to each other in the fancy restaurant, waiting for their guest to arrive.

The waitress had come over to the table with wine and cheese which kept Y/N's mind occupied as they waited. She sipped on the bittersweet beverage while Taehyung tapped his foot vigorously against the floor, anxiety at a boiling point.

A beautiful middle aged woman waltzes over to their table. Her black wavy hair bounces with each step and her dress and accessories scream wealth. She pulls out the seat before Y/N and Taehyung and elegantly sits, corners of her red lips pulling up into a smile.

"Where's father?" Taehyung asks, trying to sound as uninterested as possible but ultimately fails when his voice wavers a little. The woman's smile falls almost immediately but she barks out in bitter laughter.

"Oh, Tae. You haven't seen your mother in years and that's how you greet her, tsk." she rolled her eyes and purses her lips, shifting her gaze to finally acknowledge Y/N. "Oh, it's you." she rolls her eyes once again.

Y/N lets out a shaky sigh. This woman is the just same as she was all these years ago. Instead of speaking, Y/N decides to stay quiet to avoid any sort of confrontation.

"You look a little different. Did you gain some weight perhaps?" she smirks after seeing how Y/N tensed. She definitely hates her body and she's been so distracted lately that she hadn't had the chance to self criticize herself but now, she hates herself all over again.

"She was pregnant, Mother. Don't talk to her like that." Taehyung quickly jumps to defend Y/N after seeing how she looked down at her lap in defeat. Under the table, Taehyung places his warm hand on her thigh to give her a sense of reassurance. He'll love her no matter what she looked like, he wants her to know that.

"Was? Where's my grandchild then?" she arches one of her eyebrows while tilting her head to the side a little mockingly, gold earrings gleaming as she leans. Taehyung shifts and so does Y/N. "Miscarriage." he simply says and his face twists in disgust when he sees her face light up in amusement. She's a monster.

"Her fault wasn't it?" she gave a smile as if she knew something. "Maybe if you would've stuck to another woman, I could've had plenty of grandchildren by now. I pity you for marrying this excuse of a woman. Too bad Jihye doesn't remember you anymore."

Y/N gasps as the sudden realization hits her. She was behind all of this. Somehow over the years, she found a way to track them down and continue to control their lives. Taehyung never even told Jihye that Y/N was pregnant, she reappeared out of nowhere and drugged him, raped him, killed their child. All of that happened out of the blue, just as they were getting better. She even started to mess with Jungkook.

Anger and hatred is all that Y/N feels at this moment. She hates this woman so much and she feels herself losing control. She tries jumping up out of her seat but Taehyung is faster, gripping her wrists and using his strength to keep her seated. Taehyung's mother laughs as the table shakes a little. "You fucking did all of that?" he snaps at her, trying not to be so loud.

She shrugs and grabs Y/N's discarded glass of wine, twirling it around a bit before sipping from it. "She was so easy to persuade. I mean-" she pauses, setting the wine glass down and pulling her hand up to examine her manicure. "All it took was a few checks and she came running, desperate. Too bad this crazy bitch got in the way." she points and laughs again as Y/N squirms around, trying to get out of Taehyung's tight grip.

"The only crazy bitch here is you!" Y/N growls at the woman who only smiles in return at her outbreak. This woman in front of her is the cause of her pain. She the reason why she suffered all this time. It's all because of her.