fourty-two

This was it. She was finally ready to go.

She packed a bag, making sure to include some of Taehyung's shirts so she can remember his smell, along with a spare hoodie she had from Jungkook as well. She cried as she slipped the photo book into the front pocket of her bag, Yeontan whining at her feet upon feeling her saddened aurora.

It's late in the evening and Taehyung was taking a nap. She figured that this would be the best time to leave. This was the last thing she wanted to do but she just wants everyone to be happy, it would be better off if she wasn't in the picture.

She stands up from the floor and bends down to ruffle the puppy's hair, then she slowly approaches Taehyung's sleeping figure under the sheets. To make sure no one attempts to stop her, she plans on sending a text out a few minutes before she's gone for good. Nothing can stop her.

Swiping away the tears from her eyes, she leans down and planks a kiss on Taehyung's lips. He shuffles a bit but somehow his lips return the peck even though he's unconscious. "I'll miss you, Taetae." she whispers, getting a good look at him before forcing herself to turn away.

She tiptoes out of the apartment and manages to hold back her sobs until she reaches her destination. This is really it.

Meanwhile...

Taehyung wakes up about fifteen minutes after, feeling around the messy sheets for his wife. He finally realizes that she's not in the bed with him and he sits up groaning.

Yeontan appears from around the corner and Taehyung picks him up, "Where's Princess, hm?" he mumbles, nuzzling his nose in the soft fur while going around the house to look for Y/N.

He later figures that she went somewhere real quick but he grew a little suspicious seeing the car keys still laying on the table. If she went somewhere by foot, Taehyung hopes that she's safe because the sun is nearly gone by now.

Taehyung finally gives into his worries after a few more minutes and he decides to go and see if she's at Yoongi's. He walks there on foot just in case he bumps into her along the way, but he doesn't.

"Taehyung-ssi? What are you doing here?" Seokjin answers, stepping aside to let him in. Immediately, his tilts his head in all directions to find his wife but she's nowhere to be seen. "Y/N isn't here?" he asks worriedly.

"No, shouldn't she be at home with you?" Jungkook appears around the corner, bag of chips in hand. Taehyung looks at the boy, rolling his eyes. "I'm serious, where is she? She left without the keys while I was sleeping so I thought she walked here."

"Are you sure she didn't just go to the store or something?" Jungkook asks, feeling unsure himself. Taehyung shakes his head. "She would've woke me or at least taken the car." he mutters, rubbing his hand over his forehead.

"Maybe she's in the room with Yoongi and Jimin, we probably just didn't hear her come in." Jin tries to assure but as soon as his words come out, the door opens revealing the said couple and thats when Taehyung starts to panic.

"What's going on?" Jimin asks after seeing the look on Taehyung's face. Yoongi looks tired but after Taehyung explains the situation, all traces of sleep is erased immediately. "What do you mean you can't find her?" he hisses.

"Have you idiots tried calling her?" Hoseok appears, arms crossed and he's right. The most logical thing to do is to call her but Taehyung still has a bad feeling. The call goes straight to voicemail and Taehyung's initial panic rubs off on everyone in the room.

"How the hell did you manage to lose Noona, Taehyung?" Jungkook's unfriendly comment circulates and Taehyung doesn't hesitate to snap back at him. "Shut the fuck up you home-wrecker, why don't you go and fu-"