seventeen

Jungkook stares at the ceiling of the dorm, racking his brain and recalling the events of last night. He recalls dancing and seeing Y/N with Taehyung but he can't recall how he got home.

From the bits and pieces his brain provides him with, he concluded that he went home alone because he couldn't find his roommate. "I'm never drinking again." he groans, rolling out of his bunk bed.

Jungkook regrets drinking so much for the first time as he takes a few of his hyung's ibuprofen on their shared dresser. As he swallows down the pills with a half empty water bottle he picked up from the floor, he realizes his hyung isn't even home.

He searches around for his phone and when he finds it he immediately dials Jimin, worried for him. As soon as Jungkook puts the phone up to his ear, Jimin picks up from the other line. Jungkook doesn't give Jimin the chance to even say hello before he's throwing questions at him.

"Hyung! Where are you? Why didn't you come home last night? Did you get kidnapped?! Oh my god hyung, are you dyin-"

"Jungkook shut up!" The younger's rant is cut off. "I'm fine, alright?" Jimin assures Jungkook who responds back with a sigh. "How are you getting to the company?" Jungkook puts the phone on speaker while running around the room to get ready.

"Yoongi-hyung is giving me a ride." Jimin responds quickly and quietly causing Jungkook to stop his actions and let out a grunt in confusion. "Yoongi-hyung? Did you crash at his place or something?" he asks while slipping on his Timberland boots.

"I um- I got too drunk to get home on my own so he helped me. Anyways, i'll see you shortly." Jungkook's phone beeps, signaling that the call has ended. Jungkook feels a little suspicious of his hyung. Yoongi knows where the dorms are, he pays for them! Why couldn't he just take Jimin home if he were so drunk?

Jungkook decides not to think anything of it and he grabs his backpack and goes to the bathroom to brush his teeth and wash his face. Once he finishes, he heads outside to wait for Y/N.

He hums to the song playing from his earbuds while nodding his head to the beat. He closes his eyes, getting lost in the melody. When he opens his eyes, he almost jumps in shock to see Y/N's car right in front of him.

He smiles, pulling out his earbuds and walking to the passenger door to get in. His smile quickly fades when he realizes that someone is already in that seat. And it's not just anyone, it's Taehyung.

Unintentionally, a scowl takes over his features as he opens the door to the back seat. "Hey Noona." he greets her and she smiles back in return. He knows it's rude if he didn't say anything to Taehyung so he forced himself to speak up. "Hello Taehyung-ssi." his voice coming out monotone, lacking the same enthusiasm he had when greeting Y/N.

Taehyung turns around and gives Jungkook a small smile, bowing his head down a little. He turns back around and Y/N starts driving. "Kook, where's Jiminie?" she asks, looking up to see Jungkook through the mirror in the car. "He told me he's getting a ride with Yoongi-hyung." he replies and Taehyung's head snaps to the side.

"He's getting a ride from Yoongi?" he asks Jungkook, wideyed. "Did he say why?" Jungkook shrugged, not wanting to talk to Taehyung. "Said he was too drunk to get home on his own or something." he mumbled back, pretending to look for something in his bag.

Jungkook hears Y/N gasp causing him to look up from his bag. "What?" Taehyung asks and Jungkook feels annoyed by how Taehyung is suddenly acting so nice to his noona. Why is he acting like he cares? She shakes her head muttering "nothing" before she parks the car and turns off the engine.

The day goes and Jimin soon joins along, adopting the same confusion as Jungkook. The couple don't seem to have any issues and it's like nothing bad ever happened between the two. Jungkook's mood gradually decreases as the day goes by. He manages to hold himself back from causing any trouble until the training day is over and he's back in the dorms with Jimin.