thirty-two

Yoongi's slumber is interrupted by a loud clearing of someone's throat. He groans and flutters his eyes open to find where the annoying sound came from. When his eyes meet the doctor's he quickly sits up and looks over at his cousin who is awake, looking exhausted.

"Everyone is requesting to come in. One gentleman is being a little aggressive. Are they allowed?" the doctor asks no one in particular and Yoongi looks up at Y/N for her approval. When she nods her head, the doctor steps aside to open the door and a stampede of five men burst through the threshold.

Y/N isn't even able to comprehend anything as her body is being enveloped by someone. Y/N sinks into their embrace but the person is abruptly pulled away and someone else hugs her. "Taehyung!" Jungkook whines and pouts after being pulled away from her.

Y/N is still confused as to what happened in the first place. She feels so disconnected from her own mind and body. Taehyung pulls back when he feels her not responding to his touch. She takes a moment to look around at everyone who's staring at her and when she looks down at her stomach it's like it all hits her.

"J-Jiah?" she says weakly and looks at Taehyung expectantly and his eyes widen and look around. Y/N brings her hand up to touch her stomach and she feels very empty but the emptiness doesn't last that long as aggressive sparks of pain ignite on her abdomen. She cries out in pain and everyone looks at her, trying to figure out the cause.

Yoongi, who slowly got out of the bed besides her, was not holding on to the hand that she used to touch her belly. "She's right there." he softly says and points to the huge machine in the corner of the room. Taehyung follows the direction of Yoongi's finger and rushes over to the machine.

His eyes are almost bulging out of his head when he sees the tiny human, tangled in so many tubes and such. He wants to hold her and give his little girl the world but instead he's forced to look at her from a distance. He doesn't know how to feel right now.

Y/N stares at Taehyung's back as he hovers over the machine, unmoving. She needs to know what happened and she needs to see her baby. She wants to hold her too. She turns her neck so she's facing Yoongi and only says what her dry throat allows her to. "Please.." Yoongi sighs and squeezes her hand a little tighter.

Taehyung turns around upon hearing Y/N's plead and it's only then she's able to see the puffiness around his eyes. He's been crying so much and by the look on his face, he looks like he's on the verge of breaking down once again. He slumps himself into the space next to the bed with Y/N and he just cries. He cries on Y/N's shoulder in relief but also in fear and anger. This could have been avoided.

Jimin watches as Y/N looks down at Taehyung and then up at him. The look in her eyes is enough to make him cry as well. Jimin's face contorts and he buries his head in the nape of Yoongi's neck. Yoongi turns around and lets him cry on his chest as he holds back his own tears.  

Y/N tries getting answers out of everyone around her, begging and pleading with her eyes as Taehyung's hot tears soak her shoulder. As if someone heard her pleading in her head, the doctor enters the room again. Y/N makes eye contact with the doctor and gives him a desperate look. She shouldn't be clueless, she needs to know what's happening.

"How do you feel?" he asks and Y/N feels like that was the dumbest question one could ask at this moment but she keeps the rude remark to herself, answering to the best of her abilities. "m' hurts." she mumbles, throat burning with the slurred syllables. He nods and walks over to the IV to replace the medicine bag with more pain killers.

"Mrs.Kim, you are a very lucky woman." he says as if he were making casual conversation and this only made Y/N angrier. Yeah, okay, she was alive but what about her daughter? Why can't she hold her and see her. Hell, why has everyone seen Jiah before she has? "M-My daughter." she murmurs, ignoring the doctor's attempt to be casual. The doctor understands completely and begins to explain what happened. By the end of his explanation, Y/N's jaw was dropped as she understood what happened immediately.   

Before she could let the anger fully hit her, sadness hit her. Her daughter is on the brim of life and death all because of some petty woman who failed to get what she wanted.

When Y/N opened her mouth to respond to the doctor, a rapid beeping noise emerged from the corner of the room. Taehyung immediately stopped crying and lifted his head to look at the incubator. The doctor halted his actions and rushed over to the machine and pressed a big red button.

Y/N couldn't move as she watched nurses rush into the room, crowding around the incubator. It was like the earth went completely still as the nurses began to wheel the machine out of the room. Y/N could only hear a loud ringing in her ears. She couldn't hear the doctor yelling orders nor could she hear Taehyung who was now screaming at the nurses taking Jiah away. He followed them out of the room and everyone was left in complete silence.

Whatever just happened finally hit Y/N when she heard Jimin's silent crying gradually got louder. "Wha- What? Wait-" she chokes out, looking around for an explanation. Everyone looks just as baffled and confused as she does but she won't have it, she needs an answer. Tears of desperation flow down her face.

Jungkook is the only one who is able to make a move while everyone else is in a state of shock. He does the first thing that comes to mind and sits in the bed with her, enveloping her in his arms again. "Plu-Please, Jungkook. What's happening?" she asks, trying to seek an answer and ignoring the burning in her throat and her stomach. "I'm sorry, Noona. I don't know either."     

Seokjin mumbles something in Namjoon's ear before walking out of the hospital room to try and find someone to give an explanation. Y/N feels likes panicking and as soon as her hands begin to shake, Jungkook grabs them. He doesn't say anything, he simply holds her smaller hands in his larger ones. Y/N relaxes a bit but she still can't fight the urge to panic.

Everyone waits impatiently for a sign. The wait ends when Seokjin returns and Taehyung is with him, both with grim expressions on their faces. Y/N searches Taehyung's face for some sort of explanation but what he said next changed her life forever.

"She's gone." he mumbles and Y/N thinks she must've heard him incorrectly. "What- What are you talking ab-"

"Jiah is gone." he interrupts her and stares at her with broken eyes. His words take a few seconds to process and when they finally do, they hit her like a truck.

Jihye killed her daughter. She lost Jiah.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

imsorryimsorryimsorryimsorryimsorry :((((((((((

i feel like this chapter was really bad but :(((((((((((((((

thank you for reading, i'll update soon
xx