nine

Your eyes flutter open to the bright sunlight shining in from the outside. Your head pounds and you find yourself lost and confused on how you ended up back in your bed.

The sudden realization of time hits you like a bus and you jump up from the comfort of your blankets, ignoring the migraine nagging at your head.

You mentally scold yourself for almost being late for the second time in a row as your heels click against the cement on your way to the car. You spot Taehyung in the driver's seat looking far from amused.

He starts the car and drives to the company in complete silence. You glanced at him a few times hoping he would at least look at you, greet you, ask if you were okay, anything. But you got nothing. Just the sight of him facing the road with a clenched jaw.

When you both arrive, you and Taehyung go your separate ways. With a deep sigh, you make your way to the trainee room to get Jungkook for his assigned scheduling of the day.

"Hey, Jungkook. Ready for the day?" you ask, voice coming out a little stale and flatter than you intended. Jungkook didn't seem to care or notice as his simply gave you a huge smile and nodded.

According to the schedule that Hoseok gave you, Jungkook's first activity of the day is his dance practice. You let him guide you to the studio since you aren't so familiar with the building yet.

Stepping into the studio, you're met with the distinct smell of sweat and the low humming sound of music playing quietly in the background. Your eyes travel around the large room and you spot a familiar face, talking to a group of boys who look around Jungkook's age.

You immediately recognize the face that belongs to Hoseok. He dismisses the group of trainees and he looks around and spots you and Jungkook by the door.

"Ah, you made it!" he beams and makes his way over to the both of you. You put on your best smile and the two of you exchange greetings. Hoseok wastes no time getting started with Jungkook's lessons.

You watch the both of them in awe as their bodies flow to the pop music blaring through the speakers. If you didn't know the two, you would've thought they were actually dance partners instead of student and teacher. Jungkook didn't even look like he needed lessons, he's a natural. Hoseok is equally as impressive.

There were a few times where Jungkook made a mistake or two. Hoseok would correct him and he would fix it right away. You're not a dancer and you sure as hell can't dance for the life of you, but watching them made you want to get up and dance with them. Their moves were so effortless and smooth.

Soon enough, the dancing came to a stop and Jungkook was walking up to you drenched in sweat. He asked if he could change and you nodded and stepped out into the halfway, not forgetting to say your goodbyes to Hoseok.

Jungkook came out in dry fresh clothes, drinking from a water bottle. You began walking slowly as he walked beside you. "Are you hungry?" you asked him. Glancing to the side, you saw him nodding his head desperately, eyebrows raised and eyeballs wide.

You can't help but chuckle at the young boy's way of responding. "It's your break now so i'll get you food, come on." you picked up the pace of your steps and he happily followed along. You silently walked down the company corridors and into the elevator to get to the cafe on the first floor.

You approach the counter and you lightly push Jungkook in front of you, telling him to order what he wants. He timidly tells the worker what he would like and before he could reach in his pocket you hold your card out. He turns and pouts at you, ready to refuse your offer but you shake your head at him.

He takes his food and the both of you take a seat. As soon as Jungkook's bottom hits his chair, the sandwich previously on his plate is already being stuffed into his mouth. You coo at him as you watch him stuff his cheeks but you quickly stop when you're reminded of Taehyung doing almost the exact same thing yesterday.