thirty

Taehyung panics, rushing to grab his phone to dial the ambulance. He tries to do exactly as the operator says but his head is spinning so fast, he can barley see straight.

Y/N's seizure lasts for a little over two minutes which is very alarming. Taehyung carefully holds Y/N as she rests on her side, carrying out the rest of the seizure. The operator asks if she is breathing and Taehyung's panic increases as he realizes how short of breath she is.

"Sir, I need you to be prepared to perform a cardiac resuscitation. Are you alright with that?" the woman over the phone speaks but once again her words sound muffled.

Just as Taehyung processed what the woman had said, a loud knock was heard from the front door and he was too afraid to leave his loved one alone even if it was only for a second.

He jumps up from the bed and runs to the door to let the paramedics in. In the blink of an eye, Y/N is placed on a stretcher and being rushed out of the house. Taehyung rides in the back of the ambulance to the hospital, never letting go of her freezing hand.

He watches as they place an oxygen mask over her face and how her face is paled. The EMTs closely monitor her vitals and Taehyung's eyes bulge when he see the EMTs turning her on her side again. "Wha-What's happeni-"

Taehyung's broken question is interrupted as Y/N's body begins to seize again. He watches in horror as her eyes flicker and roll to the back of her head, body spasming wildly. "Fucking do something!" he yells at the EMTs. Seeing them do nothing but watch angers him.

"I'm afraid we can't sir. We have to wait." one says, giving Taehyung a devastating look. This time, the seizure is much worse. Foam escapes Y/N's blue lips and it lasts longer than the first one. Taehyung forces himself to look away, the sight being too painful to watch.

The spasms calm down once again and Taehyung can hear the driver say 3 minutes. Taehyung takes a few seconds to send a panicked message to Yoongi before the ambulance comes to a halt and the doors burst open.

With a heavy heart, Taehyung follows as they rush her into a room, eventually stopping Taehyung from entering further. He doesn't want to cause a scene so he opts to watch from the window as they stick a needle in her arm, relaxing her body entirely.

Loud beeping can be heard and nurses panicking can be seen just before Taehyung is escorted into the waiting room. As soon as his bottom hits the chair he breaks down.

He feels so helpless. The love of his life and his daughter's life is at risk and he can't afford to lose either one of them, they're his world.

In this moment, Taehyung pulls at his hair as he recalls how horribly he treated Y/N. He remembers how he would go to other women out of jealousy but only have Y/N on his mind the entire time. He hates himself for it all and he know that this suffering is his karma.

His silent weeping turned into full out sobs as his head sinks into his lap. The muffled cries echo throughout the nearly empty waiting room but Taehyung could care less about who's here to hear him, he's too broken to care.

As Taehyung's cries progress, he's pulled into a comforting hug by someone. He cries even harder and melts into their embrace once he realizes who it is, cherry blossom scented shampoo invading his nostrils through the freezing hospital air.

"It's gonna be alright Tae," Jimin's soft and soothing voice mumbles. "They'll be fine." Jimin refers to both Y/N and Jiah. He pulls away to wipe Taehyung's tears, attempting to give the younger reassurance.

Taehyung nods and tries his hardest to calm himself down. Jimin stands up from in front of him and Takes a seat beside him, rubbing his small hands around his back. Taehyung missed having Jimin around but the reason he was pushed away also has to do with Y/N and the thought makes him want to break down again.