Funeral

A/N: Oh, the finale is almost here. I'm so excited for it! But anyway, I hope you enjoy this one!

"New Directions I would like to introduce you to our new show choir consultant Jesse St. James."

As soon as the words left Mr. Schue's mouth, Emily frowned, rolling her eyes as Rachel clapped enthusiastically only to be stopped by Mercedes.

"I don't trust this guy." Finn said. "He's gonna trick us into doing something stupid so his alma mater wins."

"I don't need to do much tricking to get you to do something stupid, Finn." Jesse retorted.

"Guys, Jesse is just a consultant. I still make all the calls." Mr. Schue interrupted the two of them before the argument could escalate too much. "I have all the confidence in the world in you guys. I just think we could use all the help we can get because this is it."

Pointing at the white board behind him where Nationals was written in big letters, Emily couldn't deny Mr. Schue did have a point. And as much as she hated the guy, Jesse had been part of one of the most renowned show choirs in Ohio.

"We've been working so hard for two years for this moment, and that moment is finally here." The teacher continued and Emily couldn't really help but agree. "I was talking with Jesse and he agreed we should continue with our successful trend of doing original songs for the competition. I was thinking of doing one group number and one duet."

"Rachel and I should sing a duet." Finn proposed almost instantly. Typical. "We killed it last year at Regionals with Faithfully."

"Yeah, killed us. We lost." Quinn rolled her eyes from beside her boyfriend as Emily chuckled at her response.

"May I?" Jesse asked, as Mr. Schue nodded. "I agree that Rachel should sing lead, but, Finn, I think it's best if you sit this one out. The fact is, most of the other guys in here are better singers and Mike Chang, who can't even sing, can at least dance. You kind of sing and dance like a zombie who has to poop."

"You see what I'm talking about?" Finn asked, outraged as the whole glee club tried to hold in their giggles. "This guy's a jerk!"

"Maybe you could be a little gentler with your advice." Mr. Schue asked him silently, as Jesse frowned.

"Gentle?" He practically scoffed. "I'm sorry. I didn't realize we were training for the Good Try ribbon at Nationals. I thought we were in it to win the whole thing, and there's only one way we can do that."

"Poison darts?" Brittany offered.

"The Vocal Adrenaline strategy is simple." Jesse ignored her. "Identify your best performer and build the entire performance around them."

"So what does everyone else do?" Emily asked.

"And who's our star performer?" Puck added.

"We're gonna have auditions to find out." Mr. Schue sighed, as Emily noticed about half of the club perking up in their seats. "I'm gonna post a sign-up sheet later this afternoon."

"Don't you think this is kinda not our style?" Finn asked, as Sam suddenly turned to him.

"Normally I'd agree with you, but this is the big time. I think we should listen to Jesse." He said and Emily frowned, unhappy with the whole ordeal but unable to argue any further.

***

As Emily stood by her locker, she felt a tap to her shoulder and was surprised to turn around and find no one other than Becky Jackson standing there with a woman beside her.