Special Education

A/N: So, this is where the story starts to change a bit and I'm soooo excited for you to see what's coming! Let me know if you've been enjoying the story so far!

"Mr. Schuester, I have an announcement." Rachel said as soon as Mr. Schue walked into the choir room. "I've selected the perfect moving ballad for Finn and I to sing to launch our performance at Sectionals."

Emily rolled her eyes at that, half-expecting Mr. Schue to give her the floor. She was pleasantly surprised when he didn't, though.

"Me first." He said. "Two things. First, our competition at Sectionals are your classic stool choirs. Great voices, but they don't move. Now if we're gonna beat them, we need to do what they can't. Dance. Which is why I've decided to feature Brittany and Mike Chang's sweet moves in our performance."

At that, everyone — except for Rachel, of course — cheered, Emily going as far as reaching over at Brittany and squeezing her leg in congratulations as they smiled at one another.

"Wait, they're gonna dance in front of me while I sing my solo?" Rachel asked, and Emily felt that usual need to groan that came every time she as much as thought about saying anything.

"You're not getting a solo for this competition, Rachel." Mr. Schue said, as Emily's eyes widened, almost as much as Rachel's did.

"Finally!" Mercedes smiled. "So what song do I get to sing?"

"I was thinking that the winners of our duets competition would take the leads." Mr. Schue said, and, again the room erupted in cheers.

Emily felt a pang of jealousy in her heart, but then remembered those were two of her best friends, so she pushed those feelings aside and pulled forward her happiness for them instead. She squealed as she reached over at Quinn who was sat in the chair directly in front of hers and shook her playfully by the shoulders. She laughed, brushing Emily's hands away from her before turning in her seat to send her best friend a smile.

"Ken and Barbie?!" Rachel asked, pointing at Quinn and Sam as Emily scoffed. "Wait a-a-are are you trying to throw this?"

"You know, you used to be just sort of unlikable, but now, I pretty much feel like punching you every time you open your mouth." Emily spoke up as Rachel gasped at her and Sam chuckled. Quinn gave her a smile, receiving a playful wink in response.

"Okay, listen, I have talked the talk about everyone in here feeling special for over a year now, but frankly I haven't walked the walk." Mr. Schue admitted, as Emily raised an eyebrow. At least he was realizing it now. "I mean, we have got a lot of talent here, and I'm gonna highlight it."

"Do something!" Rachel whispered at Finn, prompting her boyfriend to jump into action.

"Look, I'm all for... Pumping up the team, making everyone feel special, but that's for practice." He said, making Quinn roll her eyes. "You don't take the star quarterback out before the big game."

"Yeah." Rachel annoyingly nodded beside him.

"Easy to say when you're the star quarterback..." Tina scoffed.

"This isn't just about me, this is about the team." Finn defended himself lamely.

"You are such a hypocrite." Santana spat.

"Oh, like you even know what that means." Rachel jumped in defense of her boyfriend.

"It means that your boyfriend is full of crap, hobbit!"

"You know what?" Rachel said, angrily as she got up from her seat, turning around to face a very unimpressed Santana. "Ever since the wedding you've been up my butt and I am sick of it!"