The Rocky Horror Glee Show

Apparently, the date at Breadstix between Sam and Quinn had gone wonderfully and although the two weren't official yet — as far as she knew — they were both all over each other, always walking down the hallways together and sitting by each other in the classes they shared.

For the first few days, she felt a bit left out but after one particular lunch during which Sam had sat beside Quinn as the two girls shared a meal, only to spend the whole time flirting with her — and receiving a few of Quinn's prettiest smiles and flirty looks — she decided that, maybe, having the two of them together far from her was a better option. She still loved spending time with both of them, though, but, for now, she'd be spending time with them separately.

"So, what are you going to be for Halloween this year?" Kurt asked, sitting down beside his friend in the choir room, making small talk when he noticed she seemed a bit down.

"Not sure." She shrugged. "Don't know if I'm even celebrating, actually."

"What do you mean? No, you have to!"

Emily giggled at Kurt's outrage, but as she looked at the row in front of her only to see Sam writing down cutesy notes on the top of Quinn's notebook, she felt her stomach churn.

"Not in the mood, I guess." She shrugged, as Kurt frowned at her.

Before he could question Emily's sour mood, however, Brittany spoke up from her place beside her friend.

"I'm going as a peanut allergy." She said, as Emily nodded.

"Genius, Brit." She said, as Kurt stared at her in shock. She snorted at his reaction, but what could she do? She was already used to Brittany's ways.

"Great news guys!" Mr. Schue said as he walked into the choir room, waving some papers in his hands. "I've had a little inspiration. This week's musical lesson isn't really a lesson. It's a musical."

"Please be Evita. Please be Evita. Please be Evita." Rachel whispered as she prayed to herself quietly.

"Rocky Horror!" Mr. Schue announced as Emily widened her eyes in surprise.

"I've never seen it." Finn said, just as his girlfriend raised her hand.

"Mr. Schue?" She called.

"Yeah?"

"While I admire your choice of a groundbreaking 70's musical, aren't you worried that the adult themes might be a point of controversy?"

"Seriously." Kurt agreed. "A school in Texas couldn't even do Rent. It caused an outrage and they had to cancel the show."

"Isn't that the whole point of the arts?" Mr. Schue asked. "Pushing boundaries? Doing things people say you can't do for the sake of self-expression?"

At that, Emily nodded. He did have a point, even though Emily also thought Rocky Horror was a bit... Much.

"Look, I figured it all out." Mr. Schue continued. "I cut out some of the more risqué sections and I'm sending home permission slips to all your parents to make sure they're okay with it. And we're going to charge admission and use the proceeds to help pay for transportation to Nationals in New York!"

Emily cheered at that, grabbing the slip from Mr. Schue.

"Okay, let's talk about casting." The teacher said, walking toward the piano where his notes were.

"Oh! Finn and I will play Brad and Janet." Rachel spoke up as Mr. Schue nodded his approval.

"Wow, shocker." Emily whispered, completely ignored by the rest of the club.