The substitute

A/N: Still unsure if I'm posting the Christmas episode mostly because the story will continue pretty much the same without it, but what do you think? You'd like to read it anyway?

"All right, guys, um...Time to start thinking about song selections." Mr. Schue said, as he wrote Sectionals on the white board.

Emily sighed as she looked down at her notes in her lap, knowing that, no matter what they suggested, the setlist would be chosen by Mr. Schue anyway. She didn't seem to be the only one not paying attention, though, because as soon as Mr. Schue turned around to look at his students, Emily heard Santana speak up.

"Lookin' good, Puckerman." She teased. "Someone's been eating their wheaties."

"These guns are fully loaded." Puck responded, kissing his biceps as he flexed them before sending Emily a wink.

She scoffed with a smile, before looking back down at her papers. He had been more flirty with her ever since she asked him to help her with some exercises and routines for her own arms, but it wasn't as if they were going out or anything. At least, not on her side of the equation.

"Mr. Shue?" Rachel spoke up. "I, for one, think we should use our set list for sectionals to start exploring the oeuvre of one Bernadette Peters."

"Someday, I'm gonna go to Paris and visit the oeuvre." Brittany commented as Emily frowned at her in confusion.

"I just want to dance." She heard Mike whisper from a chair behind hers.

"Mr. Schuester, are you okay?" Mercedes asked, as Emily finally lifted her head up to look at their teacher. When she did, she understood where Mercedes was coming from. Mr. Schue seemed a bit off. "You look a little green."

"Um... I think I'm gonna go see the nurse." He said, his voice a bit hoarse as he looked over his students with a vacant look in his eyes. "But first I feel like I should get you guys a sitter."

Emily frowned as she watched Mr. Schue walk away.

"Did he say we need a sitter?" She asked, rubbing her left wrist where a bandage laid from straining herself too much that morning with her training session with Puck.

Before anyone could say anything, however, Rachel got up from her seat and walked up to the white board, erasing the Sectionals Mr. Schue had written there and writing Me instead.

"Class, in Mr. Schuester's absence, I'd like to go around and ask everyone what solos they'd like to hear me perform at sectionals." She said and in a blink of an eye, Santana was getting up from her seat.

"All right, you know what? Let me at her!" She yelled, as Sam grabbed her by the waist to stop her from going at Rachel as everyone else tried to calm her down. "¡Tú eres loca!"

As Santana yelled profanities in Spanish, Rachel stood in the middle of the room, screaming in horror. Emily sat back on her chair, smirking at the scene before exchanging a glance with Quinn who seemed as unbothered by the whole thing as her best friend was. They giggled together as they enjoyed the chaos.

That was going to be a very fun class.

***

"I'm shaking." Kurt said as he stood in the line for food with Emily and Mercedes. "And it's either from low blood sugar or rage."

"I knew it was only a matter of time before Rachel tried to take over the Glee Club." Emily shrugged, as she reached over to grab an apple from the counter.

"We'll forget all about it tonight at bowling." Mercedes said, as Emily smiled.

"Yes!" She cheered.