Prom Queen

A/N: Another one of my favorites! Say what you will, but the prom episodes in glee were always great! Anyway, enjoy! <3

"I've been to Ann Taylor Loft, Filene's Basement, and, like, six Forever 21s and I can not find a dress that fits." Lauren said as she, Brittany and Santana entered the room. "I'm gonna be forced to make my own dress for prom."

"Don't. You'll seem poor." Brittany said as the three of them took a seat.

"You're up for Queen, you can't make your own prom dress." Santana agreed with her best friend. "Prom is like our Oscars. It's seriously, like, the most important night of our lives."

"What about getting married?" Lauren asked.

"Oh, you can get married as many times as you want." Quinn said, leaning over from her seat beside Emily so she could join the conversation. "You only have one shot at your Junior Prom."

"What are you guys talking about?" Mercedes asked as she walked into the room.

"Prom dresses." Lauren answered.

"Thank God I don't have to worry about that." The girl scoffed, sitting down and crossing her arms in front of her chest. "I'm not going."

"Why not?" Kurt asked.

"Cause nobody's asked me." She shrugged.

As soon as she said it, Mr. Schue walked into the classroom and straight to the whiteboard as he wrote PROM in it, before finally turning to his students and smiling.

"Alright, guys – prom." He said.

"Please tell me we're not doing songs about prom." Sam pleaded.

"Nope. We are the prom." Mr. Schue corrected. "Figgins has asked us to perform."

"Let's do Run Joey Run." Rachel gasped as everyone turned to her with skeptical looks on their faces.

"Is she for real?" Emily mumbled her breath to which Quinn laughed.

"Now, I know this isn't ideal with Nationals coming up, but we really don't have a choice. And, we could really use the money." Mr. Schue continued, choosing — wisely — to ignore Rachel's comment. "But I know that prom is a special rite of passage. I want to make sure that all of you guys get a chance to enjoy the dance, too. So we're gonna stag at the performances so that each and every one of you has a lot of time to dance with your dates."

"Excuse me." Mercedes sighed heavily as she got up from her seat and walked out of the choir room.

Mr. Schue frowned, confused.

"Is she okay?" He asked, as Quinn shrugged a bit.

"Mercedes doesn't have a date for prom." She said.

"So? I don't have a date." Brittany said. "I'm just going to dance. And then all of your dates are gonna ignore you and come dance with me, so... Your dates are really my dates."

Emily chuckled a bit at her. She couldn't really deny it. Brittany was right. That was most likely what was going to happen anyway.

"I'm gonna go talk to Mercedes." Kurt offered, but before he could, Rachel stood up as Emily raised an eyebrow in surprise.

"No, let me." She said, getting up to leave and go after Mercedes as the rest of the glee club stuck around to decide which songs they were going to perform and at which hour so that everyone could have a chance to enjoy their night.

***

"Thanks for helping me." Quinn said as she walked with Emily down the hallways, pinning up some new posters for Quinn's prom queen campaign. "You'd think people would grow tired of drawing mustaches on Finn's and mine faces."