Silly love songs

Emily wasn't sure she could roll her eyes more if she tried. But honestly, she couldn't help it. It was Valentine's week and she was single, which meant she would be forced to watch all of her friends — and even the people she didn't even know the name of in school and out of it — be all lovey-dovey toward each other and hold hands and kiss and whisper into each others ears as they smiled and laughed.

"Ugh... I feel like I could actually barf right now." She whispered to herself as she sat at the very back of the choir room with her arms crossed over her chest and her head thrown back.

"I feel you, girl." Mercedes sighed as she sat down beside her friend, the same disgusted expression on her face as she looked around the room to see all the couples in glee club all over each other. "I hate Valentine's."

"Tell me about it." Emily shook her head. "I mean, we're two of the hottest bitches out here and look at us... Single and miserable."

"I know!" Mercedes laughed, quickly agreeing. "What a waste."

"Honestly." Emily laughed. She grimaced when Mr. Schue entered the room, though, because she had a feeling what their next assignment would be. "If Mr. Schue does what I think he's gonna do right now, I swear..."

"All right, guys. I have one word for you." The teacher said, as he wrote love on the white board.

"Unbelievable." Mercedes grumbled as Emily laughed.

"Brittany." Mr. Schue gave the girl the word after she raised her arm.

"Is it love?" She asked, as Mr. Schue sighed. She smiled, though, when she realized she was actually right. "I'm totally gonna graduate now!"

"Valentine's Day is comin' up, so for this week's lesson I want you guys to pick a partner because you're gonna sing to them what you think is the world's greatest love song." He said, as everyone cheered. Well, everyone except Emily and Mercedes. "Find a song that communicates all the things that love means to you. Now, partner up."

"I might sing you a song this week, Mercedes." Emily teased, half expecting the girl to laugh. She tilted her head in confusion when Mercedes smirked, however.

"You know what? That might not be a bad idea actually." She said.

"What?"

"Meet at the bleachers at lunch. I think I have an idea for this week's assignment."

Emily laughed, but nodded anyway. Before she could do much else, though, Finn spoke up.

"Mr. Schue? Can I say something?" He asked, as the teacher nodded. Finn then stood in the middle of the choir room. "I just wanted to point out that, for the first time an entire week has gone by without any one of us getting Slusheed."

At that, everyone cheered and clapped, but Finn clearly wasn't finished. When the next words came out of his mouth, though, Emily kind of wished that he was.

"I think the fact that I led the football team to a conference championship might have something to do with it." He said, as Emily raised an eyebrow and Mercedes scoffed beside her. "Fact is that I'm the closest thing that this Glee Club has to a celebrity right now and, just like a famous athlete, I wanna give to a charity. You guys."

"Did you just call us charity?" Emily asked, being completely ignored as Finn continued with his speech.

"So I'm setting up a kissing booth for a dollar a smooch and donating the proceeds to Glee Club to help us."

"Don't even act like you're trying to help this Glee Club out. You just want to kiss a bunch of girls." Mercedes pointed out as Emily nodded.

"I've kissed Finn, and can I just say... Not worth a buck." Santana spoke up. "I would, however, pay $100 to jiggle one of his man boobs."