Blame it on the alcohol

"So this is the room of your fathers of the Oscars."

Emily's head turned to the stairs as she watched Kurt, Blaine and Finn coming into view. She sat beside Sam in one of Rachel's couches, Santana on his other side as Brittany sat in Artie's lap beside her with Mike and Tina on the couch in front of theirs.

"Yes, they transformed an ordinary basement for our famous annual festivals of the Oscars." Emily heard Rachel explain, but then she tuned out of the rest of their conversation and turned to her friends.

"We've been here for thirty minutes, sitting on this couch doing absolutely nothing fun." She whined, as Sam turned to her with a smile, placing a hand on her thigh in silent agreement. Santana scoffed at the scene beside her.

"Yeah, this party sucks." Artie said, as Brittany nodded her head.

"What do you say we all go to Breadstix instead?" Tina offered, as everyone perked up at the proposal.

"Oh, yeah, let's." Emily nodded, quickly getting up as the rest of them followed.

As they passed by Rachel, about half of them considered leaving without even telling her, but Artie decided against it.

"Great party, Rachel." He said, as Rachel frowned at him in confusion. "We gotta run."

"Yes, dinner reservations." Tina shrugged in agreement.

"But, but... We haven't even played celebrity yet."

They all just shrugged awkwardly as they turned away from her and Rachel desperately tried to find a solution to keep everyone at her party, turning to Finn and Puck for guidance.

"Why is everybody leaving?" She asked.

"Because this party blows." Puck answered.

"How am I supposed to write Both Sides now if I can't even throw a party?" She frowned.

"Look, if you want everyone to stay, you've got to let me break into your dads' liquor cabinet." Puck said, as Rachel looked from him toward the locked cabinet of drinks in her basement. "No one's gonna get buzzed after two wine coolers. I'll replace it before they get home."

Rachel debated in silence before turning to Finn. She sighed when he shrugged at her with a nod.

"Let's party!" She yelled and after Puck managed to get the proper alcohol out for everyone and some decent music started to play, the whole thing started to get more interesting.

Everyone was drinking and laughing and dancing and enjoying themselves. At one point, a very drunk Mercedes managed to grab Emily by the arm and entertain her with a conversation that made no sense to anyone but her, but drunk Mercedes was loud and funny and adorable so Emily just let her keep talking.

She listened and listened as Mercedes told her about this cute boy from her church, laughing loudly at her own jokes — that weren't even that funny, actually, but she was buzzed enough to think they were — but Emily's attention was elsewhere. From across the room, Emily could see Santana being all over Sam and she couldn't properly tell if either of them were actually drunk. When Santana leaned over to whisper in Sam's ear and he shook his head, however, she decided she had seen too much. Sure Sam didn't seem that into whatever it was that Santana was playing at, but he didn't seem ready to push her away from him anytime soon.

"Excuse me, Mercedes." She said, but the girl barely noticed she was leaving when she got up from the floor beside her friend to grab another cup of whatever it was that Puck was serving by that point.

"Fill it up." Emily said, as she slammed her plastic cup in the small counter in front of the drink cabinet. Puck laughed as he looked at her.

"What does the lady want?" He asked, as she shrugged.