Grilled Cheesus

Before Mr. Schue could even start this week's lesson, Finn lifted his hand to talk.

"Mr. Schue? I have something to say." He said, as Mr. Schue gave him the floor. Standing from his seat, and walking toward the middle of the room, Finn fidgeted a bit with his words and Emily frowned. What the hell was going to come up with now? "Something happened to me and I can't really get into it, but it's shaken me to my core."

"Oh, my God, he's coming out." Puck whispered.

"Why, yes." Finn said, apparently unfazed. "There is a man who's sort of recently come into my life and that man is Jesus Christ."

"That's way worse."

"And I know there's others in here who dig him too." Finn continued, despite his friend's interruption and, beside her, Emily could see Quinn perking up at Finn's words. "And so I thought maybe this week we could pay tribute to him in music. You know, pay tribute to Jesus."

"Sorry, uh, but if I wanted to sing about Jesus, I'd go to church." Kurt said, and honestly, Emily had to agree. "And the reason I don't go to church is because most churches don't think very much of gay people. Or women. Or science."

"I don't see anything wrong with getting a little church up in here." Mercedes argued.

"I agree." Quinn added, nodding her head. "I've had a really hard year, and I turned to God a lot for help. I, for one, wouldn't mind saying thanks."

"Thanks for what?" Santana scoffed at her friend. "That it didn't come out a lizard baby?"

"Whenever I pray, I fall asleep." Brittany commented, before Quinn could even respond.

"Well, guys, maybe our song selections don't have to be about Jesus." Mr. Schue offered. "We could do songs about spirituality."

At that, Puck made a face. Noticing it, Finn suddenly grew defensive.

"You got a problem with Jesus?" He asked, rather harshly as Emily widened her eyes in surprise.

"Oh, I got no problem with the guy. I'm a total Jew for Jesus." Puck defended. "He's my number one Hebe. What I don't like seeing is people using J-Money to cramp everybody else's style 'cause it seems to me that true spirituality — or whatever you want to call it — is about enjoying the life that you've been given. I see God every time I make out with a new chick."

"Okay, okay. That doesn't make any sense." Rachel rolled her eyes. "In fact, it's stupid."

"Are you calling Mr. Billy Joel stupid?" Puck challenged, before getting up from his seat and walking up to the spare guitar that the bend usually left for them. "At this time I'd like to continue my streak of doing only songs by Jewish artists. Hit it."

And as Puck started to sing Only the good die young, everyone eventually got into it, getting up from their seats and dancing and singing along. Well, everyone except for Kurt, who didn't seem too thrilled about this week's assignment. ANd even if Emily wasn't either, she couldn't deny it... Only the good die young was a jam and she wasn't about to pass an opportunity to enjoy her time with her friends.

***

As soon as Emily stepped foot into the choir room and she found Kurt sitting there by himself, with Brittany and Santana close behind her, she looked at her friends and nodded slightly in the direction of the boy. Sure they could all be a bit mean and a bit bitchy every once in a while, but they did have good hearts. So when news of Burt's heart attack got to them, they knew they had to be respectful about it.

"Hey, Kurt. We're really sorry about your dad's heart attack." Santana said, softly, as the three of them approached Kurt.

"Anything you need, you can talk to me, you know that, right?" Emily added, as Kurt gave her a weak smile and a nod of his head.