Chapter 2: what a pleasant surprise!

Start from the beginning

Zhan stood at the entrance of the classroom and groaned, "professor, I'm very busy. Very very busy ! I can't neglect my studies you know that."

His middle aged professor gave a smack on his head , "Are you busier than your teacher?! Go and obediently bring back the vase. If I see even a fingerprint on it, I'll beat you up."

Xiao Zhan's expression cracked. He looked at the students whose jaw dropped one after another. He smiled at them and turned to run away with a half crying half laughing face.

Despite how lazy Xiao Zhan was , it was early in the evening that he decided to fulfil his professor's demand.

Zhan took a bus and headed for the nearby stop, then he will have to take a taxi. The friend of his professor seemed to be outside the city area. There's no bus that goes there, either you take a cab or walk.

It was nearly 7 in the evening that Zhan got off the bus. Then he hailed a cab as planned. After 15 or so minutes of ride , the roads became a bit narrow and green lushes came in sight along with few cars going and coming on the way.

"Hey kid , why are you going to that place this late? I didn't want to come too, but it was still a bit early to return."
The driver tried to strike a conversation with Zhan. Zhan gave a friendly smile.

"Why boss ? One moment you are saying it's late , the next you're saying it's early."

"You young people sure knows how to find fault in words. Didn't you hear ? The further deep into the village , there was a murder few days ago. The killer knocked on the door of a house, the foolish young girl living there opened the door as if he was possessed! She was brutally killed with the knife. I heard that, her neighbour who came to help got injured too."

Xiao Zhan had never liked to gossip or even listen to them. But this news really surprised him. "Boss, are you local from here?"

"Haha, no but I come here more often. But haiza, remember to be careful. "

"Okay boss "

Maybe the driver uncle was really friendly and liked to strike conversation with people.

Zhan got off from the cab after paying and walked according to the address given by his professor. He started to look for the only 5 storey building in sight. Though , the roads and houses had lights but it can't compare with the city's. The air is fresh and a little bit cold. He tugged his shirt as he walked in the direction of the house.

Zhan rang the doorbell two times and stood silently. When he walked to this floor, the other residents would glance at him from time to time. He really didn't want to come, he would've loved to stay at home and sleep.

The door opened with a click. Zhan looked at the feet and the trouser that appeared in his sight. He frowned. 55 years old friend. White beautiful feet....long legs....firm chest...

Hold on.

Zhan abruptly looked up and he couldn't be any more surprised. He was even more amused with his thoughts. What old man.

The one who is standing before is none other than an acquaintance, Wang Yibo!

"Ah? What a pleasant surprise! Yibo."

Yibo's emotionless eyes stared at Zhan, after staring for a while he gave a "mn"

"Did I come to the wrong place? But professor told me Mr.Wang lives here..." zhan murmured. Just then a shout came from inside.

"Grandchild! Who came ! What's taking you so long ! Aiyaah!aiyah! My old waist-"

Oh there seemed to be another person living here and...he is in distress.

Wang yibo said to Zhan, "Come in."

Xiao Zhan followed Yibo to the living room filled with shelves. There are vases that filled the entire shelves, paintings hung on the walls, followed by a pair of long swords in criss-cross position, looking very eye catching. Surely, this man deserves to the friend of his professor.

He saw Yibo walk to the the old man who had a large flower vase in his hold. The man is standing awkwardly, half banding. He was certainly in pain, he couldn't stand straight nor could place it on the ground.

Yibo took the vase with ease and placed it on the uppermost compartment of the shelves. Zhan followed suit and helped the man walk to the nearby sofa.

The man let out a groan as he sat down. Zhan found the situation funny but he is very well mannered. Even if he laughed, let's not speak about anyone, his professor will smack his head into the ground.

"Mr.Wang , are you alright?" Zhan spoke out his concern.

Only then the old man Squinted at him and widened his eyes in surprise. Truth to be told, his reaction seemed cute.
"Ah-oh, Are you the apprentice of that stinky old man?? I knew it! I knew it! That guy had his eyes on my precious treasure since a long time ago!"

Zhan smiled awkwardly. The relationship between his professor and Mr.wang....is really unique. Mr.wang collected himself and started to pat Zhan's back , each and one of the pat seemed like a smack which would throw his body forward by few centimetres.

Zhan's eyebrow twitched as he thought, sure enough! Both of these old man loved to smack people.

*Republished and Re-written*