Chapter 5

Adhira's dress she wore to the lake above :)

Adhira P.O.V

"I'll see you tomorrow." Apollo smiles over at me and looks at the light that was on in my house.

"Yeah, next time maybe we can actually study science." I chuckle and open the car door. I felt his eyes burning into my skin as I walk up the short path into my house.

I smell the mash potatoes and steak once I walked in. The smell of butter and the sound of it sizzling. Of course he went all out.

"Hey dad." I announce walking into the kitchen watching him happily plate the food.

"Hey sweetheart." He smiled and rushes to hug me. I wrapped my arms right around him.

"I was so worried about you." He sighs and turn back to the food.

"Sorry I was with a friend." I smiled at the thought of me with Apollo.

"And before you say anything no my teachers didn't give me homework." I roll my eyes setting all the silver ware on the table.

"Was this friend a boy?" He raises an eyebrow and setting the food on the table.

"Dad." I roll my eyes and smirk as I hear the doorbell ring.

I unlocked the door knob making a click and I opened it finding Ms. Colleen with her purse by her side and a red dress that goes to her knees. I smiled and stood to the side as she walks in.

I chuckled as my dad stood there glaring at her.

"Oh my gosh, just date already." I roll my eyes linking my arm with hers and walked her to the table.

"You look beautiful Ms. Colleen." I smile and look over at my dad who I make sit next down next to her.

"Thank you Adhira." She shrugs her shoulders and looks over at my dad who smiled down at her. This was kinda making me sick with all this lovey stuff.

"So did you get to tutor Apollo today?" She raises an eyebrow. I look over at my dad who had daggers at me.

"No not today, but he said tomorrow." I smirk looking down at my food.

No Adhira you do not like him.

"Well hopefully he gets his grades up, he has been failing my class for the past four years." She sighs and takes a drink of her water.

"He's smart though it seems like." I look over at her who shook her head as she ate the mash potatoes.

"Your right he is, but I was friends with his mom for a few years and I knew him. He is trouble Adhira, I might tell you to tutor him but I don't mean date him." She chuckles leaning her hand on the table.

"Don't give me an innocent look, I know a lot of things." She smirks and winks over at me.

My dad was smiling looking at both of us getting along very well. I mean she was my best friend and basically the only one in school I talked to.

"I know." I smirk and continue eating my food as my dad and Ms. Colleen start conversation.

—————————————————
The next day

"So students today we are going to all start to present your math project so far, now since Adhira was the only one to do it yesterday she is done." Mr. Peter smiles and nods his head.

As I start to write my notes down the classroom door slammed open. In came Apollo who had a mad look on his face.

"Mr. Coleman your late." he announces raising an eyebrow.

"Mind telling us we're you where?" Mr. Peter asks again. I saw the look on Apollo's face. I saw the red eyes and blood running down his eye. It was dried up.

He got in a fight didn't he?

"Just get back to class sir." Apollo sighs and sits in the back passing me with a breeze.

"Okay as I was saying, you have to find the Pie and you should have made a graph on how you found that answer." Mr. Peter smiles and looks around the room.

"Since Adhira was the only one wanting to go why doesn't she pick out who goes first?" He questions and tells me to come up to the desk with him.

I swallowed the dry lump in my throat and walked up sitting in his chair as he sits in mine. Oh dear Jesus.

"Umm-how about Marley?" I ask looking over at Mr. Peter who looks back at Marley.

I hear her scoff and sit back in her seat crossing her arm.

"Of course your going to call on me Adhira, why not call on your boyfriend Apollo." She laughs and my breath picks up.

I looked over at Apollo who had a mad look on his face. I sighed and didn't give up my answer.

"Marley I suggest you do your present because your grades aren't looking good." Mr. Peter sighs and gets out his papers.

I cringed on the inside and watched as she got up giving me daggers. She then presented her project that didn't really make all that scenes since she divided the value of pie incorrectly.

"Okay." I sigh looking around picking on another student who was going to dislike me even more.

———————————-

"Okay have a good weekend!" Ms. Colleen says waving to all of us. I was the only one that waved back, but was also the only one who got locked in the classroom by Marley.

I twisted the knob but it didn't budge. I banged on the glass though no one was in sight. Yay my weekend is so amazing so far. First I missed the bus and now I'm going to be in here for an hour if no one realizes I'm not there. Who am I kidding no one really cares about me.

I sighed and sat down in the front chair. I put my headphones in and layer my head down starting to sing the song quietly.

When we were younger
We didn't know how it would be
We were the dumb, the wild, the free
Little League

And when we were younger
We wore our hearts out on our sleeves
Why did we ever have to leave
Little League.

I stop singing when I noticed a key on the desk and I ran to get it. Bingo.

I got my book bag and left my headphones in my ears as I hum to the rest of the song. I bob my head as I open the door and shut it slowly.

The hall was empty as I run to the doors that were still open for me to leave. As I turn the corner I bump into someone and almost fell backwards before he caught me.

I looked up at his brown eyes and slowly took out my headphones. I gulped down the dry lump in my throat and stood up on my own.

"Sorry I didn't know you were still here." I crease my eyebrows and looking back at the ground.

"Well you were going to teach me all about the stars and whatnot, so I really was waiting for you." He scoffs and crosses his arms.

"I didn't think you actually would want to, I mean it is Friday." I reply and shrug my shoulders.

"Well I changed my mind now after you were fifteen minutes late!" He emphasizes late and makes me flinch back in fear.

"I'm-im." I shutter and try to choke out,but there's nothing.

"I'm done with the apologies Adhira, just stay away from me okay? You don't need to get involved with my bullshit." He says brushing my shoulder as he walks out the school.

"Language." I whisper and shut my eyes knowing it's going to be a long walk home.

————————————————
Thank you for reading💗