"Stop it!" Emily and Quinn pleaded, trying to separate the two boys, but failing miserably as they kept on trying to get at each other's throats. "Stop it!"

"You're the one who snuck in and stole Quinn when we were together!" Sam yelled back.

"Hey!" Mr. Schue yelled as he moved to stand in between the two boys. "What's going on?"

Ignoring the teacher's question, Finn moved to walk out of the classroom.

"Finn, where are you going? We got rehearsal!" Mr. Schue called after him, but Finn didn't even spare him a glance.

"Not today!" He yelled.

Exchanging a glance with Emily and Quinn, Sam allowed himself a moment to calm down as he took a deep breath. He looked down at Emily as he felt her hand resting on his arm and, without saying a word, she prompted him to take a seat beside her in the choir room. She crossed her legs over the chair as usual and, in a silent thank you, Sam placed a hand on her knee, squeezing it gently only to send her a small smile when she placed her hand over his.

Emily took a second to look at Quinn as Mr. Schue walked toward the white board. Yeah, that was going to be a long week.

***

They all cheered as soon as Mr. Schue and April Rhodes were done with their performance of Dreams.

"Rumours." Mr. Schue said, as he wrote the word down on the white board. "A classic record by Fleetwood Mac. One of the greatest albums of all time written as the band was breaking apart to keep it together. Now, this week we are done with the backstabbing and the gossip and we're channeling all that energy into working together. So, pick a song from the album, put your own spin on it. Simple as that."

***

"Alright, you guys. It's time for bed already." Emily said, as she moved from the bed where she was sat with Stevie and Stacy as they watched some TV together.

"But no one's home, yet." Stevie frowned.

It was true. Usually, by that time, at least Sam or his mom Mary would already be home, but tonight, all the older Evans seemed to be running late. Emily wasn't too worried, though, because she had received a text from Sam about twenty minutes before saying he was heading home soon.

"I know, buddy. But they're just late tonight, yeah?" Emily said as she started to move the children around so they would be laying in the middle of the big bed they shared with their parents. "But I'm sure they'll be here soon."

"You'll leave us?" Stacy pouted, as Emily frowned at her in confusion.

"What do you mean, love?" She asked gently, as Stacy shrugged.

"You always leave when we are asleep." She said, allowing Emily to pull the covers over her chest. "You'll leave us alone tonight after we go to sleep?"

"Of course not, Stace." Emily shook her head as she sat beside the girl after the two of them were comfortable and well-covered. "I'll never leave you alone. I'll stay here until Sam or your mom or dad arrives. I'd never leave you alone, alright?"

"Promise?" Stacy asked, pulling her hands from out of the covers and offering her pinky to Emily.

"Promise." She smiled, wrapping her own pinky with hers. "Now, you two... Off to bed, come on."

"Will you sing us a song, Em?" Stevie asked, his eyes sparkling as he looked up at her.

She smiled softly at him.

"Of course, bud. What do you want me to..."

Before she could finish the sentence, however, Emily heard the jiggles of the keys outside and, soon enough, the door opened to reveal a very tired looking Mary. She smiled when her children smiled, calling for her and, taking off her coat, she rushed to them and smoothed them with kisses.