50

Haya.

"Yes, come in

"Yes, come in." She said, hearing the knock on the door and then the soft door bell that was installed outside her suite.

She was lying on the sofa in the living room, somewhere between sleep and concsiousness. Honestly, she had not been able to sleep at all last night. Infact, just to avoid crying because she was upset and hurt..she had watched three comedy movies. They hadn't made her feel any better.

She had checked her phone every hour or so, seeing hundreds of messages which didn't matter but not seeing a single one that did.

"Princess, it's time for brunch with your mother. She's waiting in the garden."

Haya let out a sigh, knowing that she didn't have much choice right now. She wished she didn't have to go, she didn't feel like meeting anyone or talking to anyone but her mother always made brunch arrangements personally. She spent days trying to find a new theme and literally stood in the garden, seeing people work and making sure they were doing everything right.

"What time is it?" She groggily asked, still lying down.

"It's twelve. The guests have arrived as well." Brunch started at around eleven thirty and she was the first one to be there, to greet the guests with her mother and receive their wishes.

She was already late.

"Fuck." She muttered, getting up.

"Is everyone literally there? Is Aaliyah there?" She repeated, hoping to hear a different answer.

Haya groaned out loud.

"Yes, they've been here for a while now."

She stood up, hating that she was the least excited on her own birthday.

"Your hairstylist is waiting outside. Should I send him in?" Her entire team was usually on standby on her birthday.

Today, Haya didn't feel like receiving any special treatment.

"No. Tell him I don't need him right now." She replied, entering her dressing room and slamming the door shut.