(19)

.

_______________________________________

@Haya : Do you know what you are? You are a manuscript oƒ a divine letter. You are a mirror reflecting a noble face. This universe is not outside of you. Look inside yourself; everything that you want, you are already that." ― Rumi,

" ― Rumi,

Haya.

Aaliya gasped, her eyes widening as I told her the details.

"And then?"

"I was a little uncomfortable at the thought of marriage, I mean, it's marriage.." I told her next, frowning just a little as I thought about what Prince Amir had offered me.

Dating someone wasn't a commitment but marriage was, marriage was the biggest commitment in a person's life and I was almost scared at the thought of it. Spending your entire life with one person, without having any guarantee that you would actually be happy..the thought of it was scary enough.

It was even more scary when I whole heartedly had deep feelings for this man.

"But isn't that what you planned for? To play a bigger role, I mean-" Aliya pondered out loud and I knew what she was talking about.

I had wanted to marry Amir but it was only because I wanted to be in a position like that, I didn't think I would have any feelings for him at that time.

"Yes but that was when I didn't have feelings for Amir, not like this." I replied, she smiled.

"And that is a bad thing?"

"Aaliya, he has never even kissed a woman in his life. He has never slept with anyone, he's too fucking pure to marry me." I swore, she scowled at me.

"Who said that? And how can you say that about your own self when you damn well know that being pure comes from the heart, not from your body." She shot back at me.

I had always preached this heart and body thing but today was not one of those days. I felt like I should have not lost my virginity, I should have kept myself pure for Amir. I didn't even know why I kept thinking like that when I damn well knew that it was wrong.

"I wanted to lie and tell him I was pure but the look on his face, I couldn't do it. I couldn't lie." I said next, she nodded in understanding

"So what's the plan? When are you saying yes?" She plopped down on my bed, taking off the thin sweater that she had been wearing above her shirt.

It was getting quite cold in Buredaan.

"I don't even know if I am saying yes." I replied, she looked at me like I had gone crazy.

Even I, myself knew that I wouldn't say no. But that was my heart's decision and I didn't base my actions on the decisions of my heart.

"Ofcourse, you are. Why would you say no?"