89

.
Drama, romance and sad shit all combined in one chapter. Probably the smallest chapter I've written so far but still it's like 3800 words.

Make sure to vote and comment. Tell me what y'all think.

Trying to be better at updating again :))

Haya x Amir

"How hard was it to just say that you love both the countries equally? Don't you know how hard it is to actually control what they send on air?"

She thought it was quite stupid. The host had questioned her whether she liked Maraaish more now since she lived there and Haya had told him that no place could be like Buredaan.
That was literally it.

It was a single statement to one of the most prestigious press company in the world and they had twisted it anyway. Now here Amir was, telling her that she had done something wrong.

Amir had already taken care of the situation, making sure that nothing negative would go on air. However, social media didn't really forget anything and it could never be censored.

"But they didn't! You made sure of it." Haya exclaimed, angry that he was already creating a fuss a few hours after her return.

"Yes, I did. And then their own team leaked it on social media to cause chaos. Are you happy now?"

She remained quiet and rolled her eyes in return, Amir shook his head in annoyance.

"You love drama, Haya. You love giving controversial statements without caring about me or my country!"

He was getting loud too, something that wasn't an everyday occurence.

"That's not true. You're just looking for a reason to be mad." She responded, Amir shrugged as if he couldn't disagree with her.

"Yes, I am." He affirming, continuing.

"And let's not forget how you said the country's men don't want women to move forward. As if the men of this country aren't against you already!"

And there it was, the real reason. Haya stood by her words, she wouldn't take them back. Men had small egos that got hurt, she was right about that.

"Was it not true? I mean this is a country where the King is forcing his own daughter to marry someone else." She shot back, Amir couldn't believe she was using this as a comeback.

"Haya, for the love of God, please. Enough of this." He insisted, Haya took a deep breath to calm herself down but he really wasn't letting her do so.

"I told you to behave and this is what you did." He mumbled, Haya glared at him.

"I'm not your puppet. I can never be that person. If you wanted a wife like that, you should have married someone from here." She pointed out, causing him to look back at her in frustration.