A Serpent and His Rose [Slow Dance]

Start from the beginning

*    *    *    *

"Mum seriously!" you choked out. She let go and moved on to Justin, who gave a pained expression. You looked over the tops of heads, scanning the crowd. You saw your friends over by the train and snuck away from your mom quickly.

"Ladies!" you squealed. They all turned and the shouts of excitement were deafening. Your best friend was the first to hug you.

"Tammy, geez!" you said.

"Oh I've missed you! I can't believe we couldn't visit the entire summer!" you smiled and continued greeting the pack of girls.

"Ladies." you heard from behind you. You turned around to see Justin and his entourage.

"Justin I've told you not to address me in public." you said.

"Well don't you flatter yourself. How was summer without me, Tammy? Kasey?" he asked. Both girls shot him a look of disgust.

"Take your band of Slytherin rejects and be gone you walking void!"

"C'mon Tammy you know you want me!" he said as he walked away, his friends laughing behind him.

"I cannot believe you're related to him." Kasey said. You laughed and followed them all onto the train. You kicked some first year Hufflepuffs out of a compartment near the back

and sat together, waiting for the train to leave.

*    *    *    *

"Kasey!" you yelled as she buried her face in her hands laughing.

"I know okay! One time and I was totally wasted!" she tried to explain.

"But you swore you wouldn't hook up with Blaise ever again, remember?!" Tammy pointed out.

"Yeah okay! What did you do this summer Andy??" Kasey shot back. You shut your mouth instantly.

"OH MY GOD! Not Draco!"

"No!!! God, why do you all insist on asking me about Draco?!"

"Because, honey! Draco has had his eyes on you since 3rd year!" Kasey said.

"And what Draco wants." Tammy said.

"Draco gets." The rest of the car finished.

"Well that may be true for... ALL of you!" you pointed out. "I believe in the past 3 years Draco hasn't managed to lay a hand on me." you said proudly. They all burst out laughing. "What?! It's true!"

"Last New Years Party. The Christmas Party. Yule Ball." Your friend Lauren was counting each one on her fingers.

"Don't forget your birthday party two years ago!" Tammy shouted.

"In my defense I was smashed on all of those occasions! He totally took advantage of my drunken state!" you said stubbornly. "And what I meant was that we've never had sex."

"Yet." Kasey added. You hit her in the shoulder and laughed when you heard the compartment door slide open.

"Couldn't help over-hearing." You looked up to see a smug looking Draco. You rolled your eyes as Kasey scooted over in her seat so that he could sit next to her. He took the seat, putting an arm around her.

"Hey Draco. How was summer?" Tammy asked, leaning forward toward him.

"Same old thing. Parties with my dad's business associates and all that crap." he said, waving a hand dismissively. You looked at the girls, their attention fully on him. It made you sick really.

"If you'll excuse me, I have to go vomit." you said smiling sweetly. You got up and walked out of the compartment, but as you expected--

"That was just hilarious Andy." you turned to Draco, whose eyes had shot upward quickly.

"And you know what won't be hilarious? What will happen to you if you keep looking at my ass." you said. He just kept his smirk in place.

"Oh c'mon, Andrea." He said, scooting closer to you. You leaned back against a compartment door so that he wouldn't be so close. "In the past 3 years you haven't warmed up to me at all? I think not." he smiled.

"Well..." you said, taking a step forward. His lips were only centimeters away, his breath hitting your face. You stood there for a moment, hovering so close that you could feel his body heat. He began to lean in slowly. "Nope! Not one bit!" you said happily, hopping away from him. You felt his eyes on you as you walked away toward the bathrooms.

"I don't think you're giving me a fair chance here." you turned around and was surprised when your body pressed against his. He had followed you and was standing close behind you when you turned. He smirked that Malfoy smirk and you stepped away quickly.

"Maybe that's because for the past 3 years you've only shown interest in my ass and nothing else?" you asked, eyebrow raised.

"Well that's not true. I've wondered though, what that is?" he said, pointing at your sweater. You looked down, and remembered you were wearing your dance studio sweater.

"I'm a dancer. This is this studio over by my house that I go to a lot." you explained.

"What kind of dance?" he asked, showing true interest.

"Anything really. I just finished a ballroom competition in first over summer. But I do a lot of ballet and jazz too."

"Wow. Cool." he said, much to your surprise. But then you thought of something.

"And think about this Draco. You've known me for 4 years, trying to get into my knickers! And you didn't even bother to learn this simple little detail about me! Doesn't that tell you something?" you asked. He raised an eyebrow.

"You're right."

"And for that matter, you-- W-What?!" you asked in shock.

"I said you're right." he said simply.

"Oh, er... right! Well, g-good then." you muttered uncertainly. "I'll, just be going." you turned to leave but froze, feeling his hand slide down your arm slowly. You shivered involuntarily, feeling his breath on the back of your neck as he hugged your body against his. His hand reached yours and he lifted your arm, spinning you gracefully. He twirled you back around and you stopped abruptly against his body, chest to chest. He looked into your eyes, not saying a word. Without thinking, you leaned forward and your lips connected. It wasn't until after the kiss had gone on for a few moments before you realized exactly what you were doing. You pulled away quickly, smoothing out your shirt and keeping your eyes averted.

"And I thought those dance lessons my mother signed me up for were useless." he chuckled. You looked at him, a small smile on your lips. With that, he turned and walked down the corridor, leaving you speechless.