A Serpent and His Rose [What Are We Doing?]

After the events of the night before, and an entire day of questions by the school and staff, you had only managed an hour of tossing and turning before giving up. Something you kept thinking about was how Draco reacted last night. He was so afraid. All the other girls were asleep, after a long night of gossiping about Felicia. You got out of bed slowly and walked down to the common room. It was not empty. Draco looked like he had been sitting there all night. As soon as you walked down the stairs he stood and came up to you. He looked so tired.

“Dra--” you began but he pulled you into a hug. You were shocked at this reaction. You stood there for a moment, before putting your arms around him and hugging him back.

“Andy…“ he whispered, looking at you.

“How is she?” you asked, pulling away.

“She’s fine… She will be in the hospital wing for the night.”

“Great. That’s great.” The air filled with awkward silence. Draco sat down on the couch and put his head in his hands. You sat down next to him.

“Are you okay?”

“No, I’m not.” Draco said. “I drove her to this. I treated her like crap, because I resented her.”

“Don’t blame yourself. It’s over.” you whispered, rubbing his arm. He was tearing up and you hugged him.

“When I left the Hospital Wing, the only thing I could think of to do was to be with you... Andy you are the most amazing person.”

“I’m not.”

“You are. You are a good person… Probably the only truly good person I know. Everyone else around me is just so fucked up. You… you are perfect.” he said quietly. It pained you to look in his eyes then. The way he was looking at you, it made you want to be with him. It made you feel like you were the only person in his world.

“Um, Draco… I don’t think--”

“You are smart, and funny, and beautiful. You are the only person I’ve ever wanted to be with.” he continued, leaning closer to you. Your heart felt like it was going to burst from how badly it was longing for him. He kissed you softly.

“What are we doing?” you asked.

“I love you.” Draco said. Your breath became unsteady. You felt like you were about to cry. He kissed you again. You kissed back. It felt like the magnetic pull between the two of you had finally won. It was just something the both of you couldn’t deny. He leaned over you on the couch and kissed you so tenderly. He ran his hand lightly over your stomach, and your body tingled all over. You leaned up toward him and kissed hungrily, lifting his shirt up and feeling his abs. He broke away quickly.

“I can’t keep doing this to you.” he whispered.

“What?” you asked as he got off the couch. “But all those things you just said--”

“They are true! And it hurts because I look at you and I know how incredibly happy I would be with you.” he got down on his knees and took your hands. “I would be the happiest man in the world if I woke up to you laying next to me every day. I would give anything to make that happen.” he said, standing up. You stood up too, and took his face in your hands.

“Why can’t you?” you asked.

“Andrea… My father made it perfectly clear to me. He never intended on allowing me to be with you.”

“Who cares what he thinks?!” you almost yelled.

“He would kill me, Andrea.” Draco said seriously. “He needs the West’s influence and power, and he will do anything to get it. Andrea, I just need you to understand. And to know my feelings for you.”

“Why? To make it even harder on us? To make it hurt more when I lose you to her?” you turned around and began to cry quietly. You hated crying in front of him.

“It might be selfish. But I just don’t want to lose you yet.”

“Y-Yes, it is selfish. But… I understand.” you said, looking him in the eye. You took a few deep breaths to stop yourself from crying. You smiled at each other, but there was sadness in your eyes. He let go of you. You stood silently and watched him walk up the staircase to the boys’ dorms. You did understand. You didn’t want to let him go. You fought with yourself as you stood in the common room alone. But you couldn’t be alone right now. You didn’t want to be. The magnet was pulling you in again.

You crept up the staircase slowly. The door was ajar, and you pushed it open. You tiptoed slowly to the bed across the room. Draco turned over in bed and his eyes widened in surprise. He watched as you slipped off your oversized t-shirt and shorts. You lifted the blanket and slid next to him. Then you kissed him. He pulled you under him as your kiss grew more passionate. He positioned himself between your legs. Your body began to feel hot as you rubbed against each other.

“Are you sure about this?” he whispered in your ear.

Honestly, you weren’t sure. But this felt right, even if it was wrong. The two of you together would always feel right. You looked up at him and smiled.

“Yes.”