Chapter 15- The Unexpected

I woke up to Spencer sleeping. I decided to run a errand. No meed to bother him. I got up and showered, got dressed, stopped by my favorite coffee place and went to the store.

I thought since I was here I might as well pick up a few things Spencer needs. Wait...we need. I keep forgetting I'm moving back in with him soon.
I grabbed what I came for, a few grocries and was on my way home. Well, Emily's. I walked through the door and Emily gave me a huge smile.

"Hey you!"

I put down all my things and gave her a hug.

"Hey, come sit down. I wanna tell you something."

"Ooou is it about Spencer!"

I chuckled as we sat down.

"Kinda...listen Em, I really love living with you. You're my best friend, I actually consider you a sister. But Spencer asked me to move back in and...I said yes."

"What! Thats amazing news! Oh my gosh I'm so happy for you! Of course I'll miss you but we see eachother at work and we will still have girls day."

"Definitely. So theres something else."

"What is it."

"Theres something I wanna tell Spencer, but I dont know how."

"What do you wanna tell him."

I gave her a look.

"Okay fine don't tell me. I think you should tell him whatever it is, Spence is really understanding."

"You're right. I just don't want him to hate me. I better get back before he wakes up."

"Mhm, I wonder why."

We laughed and I said my goodbyes as I left. I drove home with a million thoughts running through my mind. I got home and Spencer was still sleeping. I used the bathroom but while I was in there I heard a knock on the door.

"Baby you in there?"

"Uh yeah. I'll be right out."

"Are you okay? You sound off."

"Yes Spencer, go turn on some cartoons I'll be right there."

His footsteps shuffled away and I splashed water on my face. I looked in the mirror then finally went to the living room. He already had Tom and Jerry playing.

"Where were you?"

"Emily's, I told her I'm moving back in."

I sat down and he held me in his arms, as usual.

"Was she mad?"

"No, Emily's always really supportive."

"Good I'm glad."

"Hey are you okay? You're the one that seems off." I questioned.

"Hm? Uh yeah. Fine just tired I guess."

"You're lying to me."

"What no!"

"Yes! You're doing that thing with your lips! You only do that when you lie!"

He tugged on his bottom lip, biting it raw and looked away.

"And now you're thinking of an excuse!"

"Look I'm sorry. One of the cases I worked just really got to me."

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

He laid on my lap and my finger fiddled with his curles. Somehow, even though his hair was always messy and tangled, it was always so soft.

"It was kids...Its always kids."