Chapter 10- What Did You See

I smelled laytex...laytex gloves? There was a cleaness to the air that made my stomach turn for some reason and then the odd beeping sounds constantly going off in my ears. Oh...right, hospital. But wait, why would I be in a hospital? I dont...huh?

I noticed a sensation on my thumb, someone was holding my hand, caressing my thumb, who could be- SPENCER!

Nothing happened, did I not say that outloud? Wait why can't I see? Are my eyes closed, my eyes must be closed.

I used all my strength to open my eyes, the blinding hospital lights danced around my pupils as I finally pried them open.

I saw Spencers head leaning down on my thigh while both his hands held mine. His head was down, he couldn't see that I was awake.

"Spencer, Spence, baby please I'm awake now. Look I'm awake. I'm right here, why aren't you listening to me?"

Nothing happened, his head stayed down. Okay I've come to the conclusion I'm saying all this in my head, I'm just not strong enough to speak right now. I'm so confused, why am I in a hospital bed? I tried moving any part of my body just even a little bit, although nothing happened.

I started internally screaming, I was freaking out I couldn't handle not being in control of my own body. Suddenly a bunch of beeping noises went off, the insufferable sounds ringing through my ears. It made me feel like I was bleeding from the inside of my head.

Spencer looked up at me and his eyes got wide, finally he could see me, he could see that I was awake, but for some reason I still felt invisible.

"Doctor! We need a doctor!" He yelled out. His hands cupped my face.

I felt a sense of safety, which I really needed right now.

"You're gonna be okay Dannie I promise."

After he said these words to me I wanted to respond with to him, every muscle in my body tried to but I just couldn't get a word out. The nurses came rushing into the room along with the doctors.

"Sir you need to leave you can't be here right now."

His eyes were still fixated on me in disbelief. "No, I have to st-"

"Sir! We have a job to do let us do it please."

He nodded and kissed my forehead before leaving. I didn't feel safe anymore, as soon as he left the room the feeling of relief that I had was immediately gone. I watched the strangers with medical masks hover above me with blinding lights.

"Shes crashing!"

That was the last thing I heard before I close my eyes. I was unaware that I stopped fighting, I was just so tired. I needed to sleep. But as soon as I close my eyes I was immediately somewhere else. It was more than a dream it was too real to be one.

Everything was dark, there didn't seem to be a up or down. It was all pinch black, there was a boy standing infont of me with his back turned to me. He couldn't have been any older than ten.

I started walking towards him, my footsteps seem to echo around my black surroundings. I finally got directly behind him and tapped him on the shoulder. He turned only for me to see that he was my dead eight year old little brother.

"You're not supposed to be here."

He said right before I opened my eyes, the same blinding lights from before crashed into my pupils, causing my headache to worsen. Spencer was in the chair next to my bed asleep. There was empty Jell-O cups on the floor.

I smile to myself and threw one of my pillows at his head causing him to wake up. For some reason that took a lot of strength out of me.

"You're awake." He smiled while holding my hand.