Chapter 3- Trust Me

My eyes slowly dirifted open, I didn't remember falling asleep. I realized I was still in Spencer's arms, only now he was spooning me. We were already really close but he let out a sigh and scooted closer. He nuzzled his head into my hair and grabbed me tigher.

At first I didn't know what to do but then I embraced it. I relaxed my body into his. He smelled like coffee and peppermint at the same time. I sat there for a few minutes thinking on if I should turn around or not. I really wanted to see his face but I didn't want to wake him up.

After about fifteen long, relaxed minutes of waiting I slowly turned facing him. He let out a soft groan, still asleep. Spence's legs intertwined with mine, I got a feeling in my stomach. I haven't felt this is what seemed like a life time, what is it called?

"Butterflies." I whispered lightly.

I looked up at him, realizing our faces were about two inches apart. I don't mind it though, I'm not catching feelings or anything. I dont even know if I'm capable of that anymore. I just haven't felt this safe with someone in a very long time.

He's gotton more than eight hours of sleep, I guess his dark circles are just natural. It's okay though, I like them. He seems so at peace, usually hes biting his lip, or narrowing his eyebrows. It's what he does when hes thinking, which is all the time. Although right now, in this moment, his mind was quiet. Time stood still.

A hour later I managed to get out of bed without waking him. As soon as I wasn't in the bed his tall body stretched across the mattress. I smiled to myself.

I went into his dresser looking for something to wear, although his clothes were quite big. I threw on a pair of his black joggers and my white tank from yesterday. Spencer put my clothes in the wash before we watched cartoons last night.

I made my way to the kitchen and started cooking breakfast. Spencer had all this food and was incapable of making it. The least I could do was make him a meal. I made sausagge, waffles, pancakes, bacon, eggs and toast.

"Do I smell bacon?" Spence asked as he walked in the kitchen yawning and scratching his head. "Whoa, did you make all this?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry! I wanted to do something nice and make breakfast but then when I started I didn't know what food you like so I just made everything..."

He looked at the food and shook his head while smiling.

"What?"

"Nothing Ang, just...thank you."

I smiled as we made our plates. We sat on the couch and I watched as he took his first bite. Spence looked up at me and couldn't help but laugh.

"Yes Ang its very good."

"You're sure? I can make you something else."

"No, no, absolutely not. I like everything you made."

After a few moments of us eating in silence he spoke again.

"You have OCD don't you?"

"How did you know?"

"I noticed my pants drawer had been folded, I didn't know why until I saw you wearing a pair. Also last night when you locked the door you unlocked and relocked it four times. It seems you do small things in fours."

I raised my eyebrows. "Wow Spence, you must be really good at your job."

"Me and my team try. Speaking of which-"

His sentence was cut off by glass shattering. He directed me to behind the couch. Someone was shooting through the window. He found me, again.

"I'm gonna go to the room and get guns, stay here." He instructed.