Chapter 27

Amanda

The pan sizzles behind me as the eggs cook slowly. The soft footfalls of Cate coming down the stairs still make my heart jump. I don't stop cutting up the fruit for our breakfast as she sits down at the bar in front of me.

"Good morning beautiful," I look up and smile at my sleepy lover. Sleep is still in her gaze as her eyes twinkle at my compliment. She switches her part to the other side of her head as an embarrassed fidget.

I ready her plate and slide it in front of her. She looks over the eggs, ham and fruit arranged on her plate.

"What's all this for?" Cate picks up the fork sitting on the bar next to her. I lean on my elbows on the counter in front of Cate, a smile tugging my lips.

"I felt like it," her nose wrinkles as she smiles. She takes a bite of a piece of fruit, smiling with it between her teeth. Her eyes dilate as she looks down at her lap.

"What'd you just think of?" I bite my lip, intrigued at what got Cate flustered. She glanced up at me, hesitation still obvious in her posture. She uses her fork to pick up another piece of fruit, slowly moving it towards my own lips.

Juice drips down my chin as I bite down. I try and catch it with my hand, except Cate leans in, licking the juice off before kissing me.

"Isn't that erotic?" Cate and I jump, looking towards the sudden voice. A familiar orange fluff stands in the doorway of the kitchen.

"Royal!" I walk over and give them a big hug. They lift me up a bit, dramatically swinging me.

"I missed you, too," they whisper in my ear. They let me down a couple seconds later, moving their hair out of their face. I look back at Cate, who is standing up next to the chair she was sitting in a few minutes ago.

"We didn't know you were coming," Cate tightens her almost sheer robe around her as she approaches us. She stands behind me, most likely attempting to hide anything she doesn't necessarily want Royal to see.

"I would have called or something, but I needed to get the hell out of dodge faster than I thought," they rub the back of their neck.

"What happened?" I can tell it's something on the more concerning side just by the look on their face.

"Your husband, well ex-husband, has got the FBI involved. I figured it would be sooner rather than later they would find and question me, considering how small the town is. I definitely wasn't going to wait around and lead them straight to you. So I booked a flight and packed everything up without a break,"

Cate places a hand on my shoulder. I can definitely tell it's more possessive undertone. I glance back, catching the nervousness in her eyes. Royal must have caught the brief interaction, soon cutting off their tangent.

"I should probably take a good long nap. Considering I haven't slept in a few days, as well as the jet lag," they leave a friendly kiss on both our foreheads before walking towards the stairs leading to the lower level.

"Andrew will try everything he can to find me..." I turn around face Cate, her smile turned to worry.

"It hasn't even been a month. I doubt they would find anything now if they haven't already," I hold her face in my hands gently. I place a kiss on her forehead before taking her hand in mine.

"Why don't we go upstairs and get ready for the day?" Cate laughs softly while tightening her robe around her with her free hand.

We look through the small closet we share. The collection of clothes we've bought together has barely grown. Since Royal packed all my clothes, I don't know when exactly they will get here.

I turn and walk towards the sliding glass doors to open them, letting in both light and air to the atmosphere. When I look back at Cate, my breath is taken away for what feels like the millionth time by her beauty.

"Hold still," She freezes, glancing my way. I grab my phone from my pocket and try to capture what has had me enamored for these past months.

"May I see what you wanted to capture on camera?" She walks over towards me when I start my way back over towards her.

She wraps her arms around my waist as I hold up the phone for her to see. She lays her head on my shoulder, sighing contentfully.

"You certainly know how to make me look good," Cate kisses my shoulder slowly.

"You always look good, camera or not," I move my head to kiss her, "you're the sweetest perfection I can call my own," Cate wraps her arms around me neck before kissing me fervently.

I make a mental note to ask Royal about what happened before they got here. I should let them rest beforehand. Plus, I have a beautiful woman who currently in need of attention.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Authors Note:

I apologize with how long it took to update, and that it's so short. This is more of a filler chapter for what's coming next, soI should be able to post sooner.

I'm also close to start posting my works up on AO3! Is that something that interests you guys?

Also, doesn't that photo look kinda like Cate? When I found it I knew I had to use it<3

Thank you so much for reading! Please vote and comment anything.

Love You!!!
-B