Chapter 4

Cate

I admire her face. How proportional every part of her is. She was curled up underneath her comforter, only her head and hands visible. Her chipped black nail polish accents her piercings just right.

It's obvious I'm not going to be able to fall asleep tonight. I sit up as quietly as I can and sit on the edge of my bed, my back facing Amanda.

I look around the room, attempting to find the clothes that were eventually taken off my body in anticipation. I spot everything fairly quickly, as they were basically the only things on the floor. I stand up and start to get dressed in my clothes.

I bring my cardigan over my shoulders when I hear Amanda start to wake up. I turn my head and see she sits up, bringing the blanket to cover her chest.

"What time is it?" She messes with her hair, removing it from her eyes.

"Almost 6," I walk over to the base of her bed and grab her backpack and helmet. "I was wondering if you could drop me back off at the bar. My car is still there," she opens her eyes completely and nods.

"Yeah, absolutely! Just give me a minute to get dressed," she gives me a goofy smile before getting out of bed and collecting her clothes that are around the room. She is dressed and ready to go in just a few minutes.

We drop off our room key on the counter in the main hall before we head back to town. The drive was just as fun as last night. The sun rises and the morning air slightly warms as we ride on the wind. At least that's what it feels like. Pretty soon, she is idling next to my small car, and I get off.

"Here," I give Amanda her helmet and bag back, but I stop her from leaving just yet. "I still owe you," I open my purse and check one of the pockets for the cash I owe. I take out the appropriate amount due and hand it to her discreetly. She immediately pockets it.

"I work every evening except for Thursdays," she winks at me before putting on her helmet and driving off.

I take a deep breath and move my hair out of my face before unlocking my car and sitting down. I rest my head on the steering wheel and sigh. I don't move for a few minutes, letting the events of the past couple days catch up with me. My sleepless night is starting to catch up to me now that the adrenaline rush is gone. So I start my car and head home.

I live a few miles out of town, in the gated community filled with houses owned by the well off and spoiled. I just so happened to have married an occasional douchebag who was extremely well off. I drive through the gates and am soon up the driveway of my unnecessarily large home.

My husband is away on business thankfully. I enter the empty house and turn on the lights as I head to my room, and then the bathroom. Stripping off all my clothes, I get ready to take a much needed shower. As much as I loved last night, all the sweat and other things aren't helping my current state of hygiene.

The steam from the shower fills the room as I let the hot water cascade down my body. I watch the paths the water takes. I gently run my hands down my body, remembering the places that I'd never been touched before last night.

How did she know what to do this first time? What my body would react to? I get out of the shower and dry off, the question still nagging me. I'm dressed comfortably and I make my way to the bed. After being up all night, I deserve an eight hour nap.

I check the time on my phone while I set my alarm. It's about half past 7 when I finally close my eyes and fall asleep.

***

My alarm goes off too soon, but I get up anyway. I move my hair out of my face as I sit up and yawn. I adjust my shirt as I get out of bed and head to my dresser to grab a pair of shorts to put on before I head to the kitchen to make myself something to eat.

Since it's the weekend, the staff we hired to do daily chores have off. I convinced my husband to let them at least have the weekend. He's gone on business most of the time, so it's just me at the house. I don't see why they would be needed every day if that's the case.

Around the time I'm finishing up my eggs and toast I hear the garage door opening, signaling he's home. I shove a piece of toast into my mouth and head to the living room with my food.

"I'm home," he walks through the door, setting down his suitcase next to the door and walks over to me. He kisses my cheek and steals a bite of my small snack.

"How was your trip?"

"Eh, business" he takes a bite out of an apple. He looks over at me and makes sure we have eye contact

"Wanna order in tonight?" I nod. He leans against the counter and crosses his arms. He quickly finishes his apple before standing up straight and heading towards the stairs.

"Andrew?" He turns around, a curious expression on his face.

"Can we have sex tonight?" He smiles, a chuckle building in his throat.

"Absolutely," He continues to chuckle as he continues to walk up the stairs.

I might as well see if the experiments will do me any good now. 
_________________________________________________________________________________

Authors Note:

This chapter is shorter than the others I know. And don't come for me for naming Cate's husband Andrew😂 and apologies for any grammar mistakes...

I'm also changing the schedule a bit. I'll be uploading Monday and Thursday now. I thought I could post three times a week, but since this chapter is late you can probably understand why I changed it.

Thank you so much for reading!! Please vote and comment if you enjoyed...

Love You!!!
-R