Chapter 25

Cate

Yes.

Yes, yes.

"Yes," Amanda's brown eyes sparkle with delight. She brings my face to hers and kisses me with a passion only she could give me.

My back hits the wall lightly. Amanda's hands trail their way down my body, sending shivers wherever her fingertips touch. My breathing staggers and my mouth opens in a gasp as I feel her hands move under my hoodie and shirt underneath, against my cold skin.

"What do you need?" Amanda asks against the soft skin of my neck. I open my eyes to try and think. The only thing I have on me are the clothes on my back. My fingers are tangled in her hair, the smell of her shampoo makes me dizzy with desire. Amanda pulls her lips away from my skin. The loss of contact causes a small breath to hitch in my throat.

"What do you need?" She repeats. Her tone is softer than it was before. Her hands are resting on my bare hips. I rest my forehead against hers and take a deep breath.

"Just my wallet..." Amanda kisses my forehead. Removing her hands from my skin, she looks towards the sliding glass doors. She gives me a look telling me to get what I need.

I turn and walk towards the still slightly open sliding glass door. I squeeze in and make a beeline for the counter where my wallet sits. I stand for a second, listening to my surroundings, and when I'm met with silence I exit the house for the final time.

I close the door as quietly as possible. Looking in Amanda's direction, she walks towards me. She laces her fingers between mine.

"To a new life together..." Amanda brings my fingers up to her lips and kisses my knuckles. She starts to speed walk away, bringing with her. We are both running towards a smaller, running car parked on the side of the road.

We crawl into the backseat of the car, as Amanda insisted. The car starts moving as fast as the door shut seconds before. I look in the drivers seat and am immediately surprised by the presence of bright orange colored hair.

"Cate, this is Royal. Royal, this is Cate," my face most likely held a look of curiosity at Royals appearance and overall vibe. Their eyes were on the road, but there is no doubt they felt my harmless gaze on them.

"I'm non-binary," they nod their head slightly as the answer. Amanda slides her hand in mine as I understand.

"So pronouns..?"

"They/them" I smile and nod. Looking over at Amanda, her smile travels to her beautiful brown eyes. She takes my face in her hands, guiding my lips to hers. It had been only a couple minutes since she had kissed me, yet it felt like an eternity. I divulge my feelings of want for a minute or two before I force myself gently away from Amanda.

"What's the plan?" My question came off more anxious than anticipated. Amanda gently rubs her thumb across my cheek and the corner of my lips. Looking towards Royal, then back at me.

"Royal happens to come from some money," I smile at the irony that is their name as well as the new information.

"They inherited family money and property in recent years, and they have a vacation home that isn't being used in the the countryside of Ireland. We will head there now, and Royal will come later with all my stuff," Amanda pulls a backpack from the front seat. Unzipping it, she produces a bulky white envelope.

"This is all the money you gave me, plus some of my own. Royal will get the rest of my savings to me later. Plane tickets are bought already, all we have to do is show up at the gate," Amanda puts the money back into the backpack and pulls out her phone. She pulls up the plane tickets on her phone for me to see. I take the phone and she pulls out a bag of documents.

All this information at once makes my head spin, but I trust Amanda understands what she's saying and knows what she is doing. I find myself grateful for wearing sweatpants, a hoodie and a T-shirt underneath.

The car ride to the nearest airport took just over 2 hours. The three of us were standing on the sidewalk next to the car. I can tell Royal and Amanda were close, the hug they shared was longer than an acquaintance hug.

"Thank you so much for all this.." Amanda kissed their cheek and wiped her own with her hand.

"It's nothing. I'll meet you two there as soon as I finish everything here, okay?" Amanda nods before giving them another hug. Royal looks over towards me and steps closer. Taking my hand in theirs, they kiss it gently.

"Thank you for making Amanda happy.. and I hope we can become great friends when we see each other again," I smile, unable to speak. The two day their final goodbyes before Amanda takes my hand and we enter the airport.

I could feel myself start to sweat as I saw Amanda use our fake ID's. We easily get through security, as the only thing we really had was Amanda's backpack. She had electronics, and I took off my sweatshirt just in case. I didn't have a bra on so it was a new experience for me in that regard. Amanda looked over at me from the other side of the scanner. A curious look was all she was giving me.

"Is that one of my shirts?" She asked when I finally met her in the other side. My nerves were still on edge, but I smiled and gave her a small kiss anyway.

"I may or may not have borrowed on before I left," I can tell that ignited something inside her. It took everything in me as well not to take her here on the airport floor.

It wasn't long before they were boarding the plane. The plane that will take her away from her lavish, but suffocating life. No more being forced into anything, no more constant hovering. No more men.

Amanda brought Cate's hand to her lips, leaving a kiss on her knuckles. With leaving like this, Amanda made sure Andrew wouldn't be able to find us. Our fake ID's must now become our regular ID's.

Amanda Buckman is now Annie Wilson.

Cate Blanchett-Upton is now Emilia Anderson.

There is no turning back. Granted, I wouldn't want to if I could.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Authors Note:

Thank you so much for reading! Please consider voting and commenting if you enjoyed!

I'm going to try and post as soon as I finish each chapter. I know it's not a set schedule, but I want to see this through💕

Love You!!!
-B