Between the Lines

We sat around in a circle, surrounding a fire, keeping warm. The evening came close, and the night became cold. Lovette made a fire for us to stay warm. "I want it to stay like this forever." I looked at her new friends, "Don't you agree?"

Kayla smiled "It could, but I wouldn't say forever. Lovette looked at the sky, "Okay, not forever but here and there?" They agreed. Lovette looked at me and reached out to me, "Fang, are you alright?" I kept my focus on a star.

Am I really going to do this? Why do I even care about her? Of course I'm doing this. It's what I want. "Hey, Fang?" I snapped back and blinked while turning my gaze to Lovette, "Oh, yeah, sorry just thinking about how I let things get here." She hugged me and in a cheerful voice assured me it was not my fault.

"I don't know about it staying like this forever." We looked at Austin who didn't seem comfortable around me. "I mean how can we trust him, just because he helped us get away, and he knows Lovette

Can we really trust you." I looked at him and got up, he did too. "You can trust me, I am a good friend of hers."

He pointed to me, "Why were you chasing the other wolves?" I crossed my arms, and stood there looking at him, "They weren't telling me where she was at. I had to find her. She is important." His eyes began to glow a light silver. He made a weapon out of nowhere. "Alright you better be honest or else."

His sister just kept looking, she was observing the situation. Then she turned her attention somewhere else. "Alright, enough fighting." That voice. "Fang? What's the meaning of this?" Lovette asked me. I turned to see her, she seemed upset. "I can explain." I told her. "Yes, yes he's brought us the one thing Extinguisher could never catch. You."

Lovette suddenly turned to the humans, "You have to get out of here now." The girl tried to make a portal but couldn't. "I can't just leave you here." I slowly backed away, as they were soon surrounded, "How about a deal?" The man gained all their attention, "I'll open this portal, and the humans can leave unharmed." He opened a portal to the human realm. "Lovette?" The guy looked at her, and his sister, Lovette signaled them to leave.

"Good choice." As soon as they stepped in the portal, it closed. "Now it's just you and us, Lovette." She looked down and pointed to me, "You lied to me!" And started to walk towards me, "You made me believe that I was helping you. But you actually wanted to turn me in."

"Look I-I can explain." I looked at the guy, " alright you are now free. You are no longer in our control." Lovette's eyes began to tear up, "Fang I trusted you!" She was angry, and sad. A feeling I could almost relate too.

"I'm sorry. I didn't want it to be this way. But it seemed like the only way." She threw fire near me, "There can always be another way!" She was holding back, but she was crying, did I hurt her? I... care about her?