6 (chapter 5)

Hermione and I are in the library studying when Harry comes to find us

Hermione and I are in the library studying when Harry comes to find us. "He's at perfect liberty to kiss whomever he likes. I really couldn't care less. Was I under the impression he and I would be attending Slughorn's Christmas party together? Yes. Now, given the circumstances, I had to make other arrangements" She says and I look at her funny.

"Have you?" He asks. How did she manage to find someone to go with that quickly?

"Yes. Why?" She says. I give Harry a look and she turns to him. He just shrugs as we put our books back.

"Well, I just thought seeing is not the risk of going with who we'd really like to, We should go together, as friends" He says. She slumps defeated and leans on the table.

"Why didn't I think of that?" She says and Harry just gives her a smile.

"Who are you going with?" I ask. She looks down embarrassed and then turns to Harry.

"Um, it's a surprise. Anyways, you have got to worry about. You can't take anyone. You see that girl over there? That's Romilda Vane. Harry, she's been trying to smuggle you a love potion" She says and points over to a girl with curly hair. I recognise her from our potions class. Harry looks over at her with a smile.

"Really?" He says and he looks smug. Hermione hits him over the back of the head with a book and I shake my head at the two of them. "Hey!"

"She's only interested in you because she thinks you're the Chosen One" Hermione points out and he just shrugs.

"But I am the Chosen One" He says. I turn and glare at him.

"Does your head want to get any bigger?" I ask. His smirk wipes away and then he nods.

"Okay, sorry, um... Kidding. I'll ask someone I like. Someone cool" He says. I roll my eyes and put my own books away. He leaves and Hermione turns to me.

"Are you taking Draco?" She asks. I turn to her and force a smile onto my face. The past few days Draco has been absolutely exhausted. I've been doing my best to cheer him up but with the death eater thing he's been cutting himself off.

"Uh I asked him but he didn't get back to me" I say. She nods. "I don't mind going solo, think it might be best with Harry atm" We both go up to the common room to start getting ready. I pick out a red lace dress and some gold strapping heels. I add a touch of make up and we both make our way down to Slughorns party. I see Harry and Luna walk in.

"You look great, Drink?" Neville asks, handing out a tray. I take a glass and smile at him.

"Thank you Neville" I say. He smiles and nods at me.

"I didn't get into the Slug Club. It's okay, though. He's got Melvin hanging up towels in the looroom" He says and then walks off. Harry joins me with Luna.

"Luna, that dress is fantastic," I compliment her. She does a little twirl.

"Thank you I made it myself" She says and I smile at Harry. I see Hermione run around the corner to hide.

"If you could excuse me for a moment" I say. Harry follows behind me and I get to Hermione behind the curtain. "Hermione, what are you doing?"

"What happened to you?" Harry asks joining us as she plays with her hair.

"No, I've just escaped. I mean, I left Cormac under the mistletoe" She says. My eyes widen and I stare at her like she's crazy.

"Cormac? That's who you invited?" Harry says. She shrugs.

"I thought it would annoy Ron the most" She says and then groans. "He's got more tentacles than a Snargaluff plant" I laugh as a waiter comes over with a tray.

"Dragon tails?" He asks. I smile and shake my head at him.

"No, I'm fine, thank you" Hermione says and shakes her head.

"Just as well, They give one horribly bad breath" He says and then goes to leave. She takes the tray off him.

"On second thoughts, it might keep Cormac away. God, here he comes" She says with a mouthful and hands Harry the tray. I duck under the curtain with her.

"Good Luck Harry" I say and walk away quickly. I find Luna again by the champagne fountain.

"Hey Luna" I say. She smiles at me and stares at my necklace.

"Hello Y/N, I like your necklace" She says and I reach for it showing her the three rings.

"It was my mother and fathers wedding rings" I tell her. She smiles knowingly.

"They're beautiful" She says and I hear the door slam open.

"Get your hands off me, you filthy Squibb" Draco's voice rings out as Filch pulls him into the Center of the room. Everyone turns their attention to him.

"Draco?" I say. The music stops and Filch still has a hole of Dracos jacket. What on earth was he doing?

"Professor Slughorn, sir. I just discovered this boy lurking in an upstairs corridor. He claims to have been invited to your party" He says. I take a deep breath and step forward.

"Yes sir, he's with me. I'm sorry I completely forgot I was meant to meet you" I tell Professor Slughorn and he smiles as I meet Draco's eyes.

"No worries Miss Potter, continue with the party everyone" He says and waves his hands. Filch let's him go and then leaves. I straighten his jacket and look at him.

"What's going on?" I ask. He goes to speak but Professor Snape comes up next to us and Draco glares.

"Mind if I borrow your date" He says. I look at Draco and he nods.

"Of course sir, I'll catch up with you in a minute?" I say and they both leave the room. I talk to a few more people before deciding to leave and try to find him. He is leaning on the wall outside. I put my arms around myself as the cold air hits. "There you are" He turns his attention to me and sighs.

"I've put you in danger" He says. I look at him confused. "I shouldn't have gone public with you again"

"Draco, listen to me. I was already in danger. I know you don't want to hurt me. You've proven that" I tell him. He slides down the wall as tears fall down his cheeks.

"I don't know what to do Y/N," He says, putting a hand in his hair and tugging on it. I kneel next to him and pull him into my chest.

"Shhh, it's okay. I'm here. I've got you" I tell him stroking his hair. "Everything is going to be fine, I promise"