1 (chapter 8)

I walk down the stairs on Christmas morning to see Ron already opening things.

"Y/N! Harry, wake up! Come on Harry, wake up!" He shouts after giving me a quick hug. Harry gets up and I see him run to the balcony overlooking the common room, I give him a big smile.

"Happy Christmas, Harry," Ron says. Harry looks overjoyed.

"Happy Christmas, Ron" He says and then meets us downstairs, I pull him into a hug.

"Happy Christmas Harry" I say.

"Happy Christmas Y/N" He replies with a smile. We turn to Ron. "What are you wearing?" He shrugs.

"Oh, Mum made it for me. Looks like you've both got one too!" He says.

"We've got presents?" I ask him. He nods enthusiastically and shows us the tree.

"Yeah!" He says. "There they are" I pick up a small box and unwrap it as Ron sits on a couch arm and eats jelly beans as Harry picks up a silver wrapped package. Harry takes out the card.

"Your father left this in my possession before he died. It is time it was returned to you. Use it well" He says. I turn to him as he opens the present.

"What is it?" I ask. He shrugs.

"Some kind of...cloak" He says lifting it up.

"Well, let's see then. Put it on" Ron says. Harry puts the cloak on, and all of him disappears except for his head. I stand up in shock.

"Whoa!" I say.

"My body's gone!" Harry says looking down at himself.

"I know what that is! That's an invisibility cloak!" Ron says.

"I'm invisible?" He asks spinning around.

"They're really rare. I wonder who gave it to you" Ron says looking at the tag.

"There was no name. It just said, Use it well" He says. "What was in yours?" I open up the small white box and take out the necklace. It has a three rings on it, an engagement ring and two wedding bands.

"Harry..." I say. He takes out the note and hands it to me with a smile. "They were our parents" He nods and helps me put it on. I smile at him. The rest of the day we spend in the great hall, we have our lunch with Fred and George. I find myself laughing so much that I nearly choke. After the day is over, I make my way back to the common room and fall fast asleep in my dorm.

"Y/N! You've really got to see this! Y/N! You've got to wake up!" Harry shouts, he shakes me and I open my eyes.

"Harry it's 3 am what the hell are you playing at?" I ask sleepily. He pulls back my covers and drags me out of bed. He pulls me into the Boys Dormitory and wakes Ron up.

"Ron, Ron, come on. Get out of bed!" He shouts. I yawn sleepily.

"Why?" He mumbles. Harry just pulls Ron out of bed and drags us both to a room.

"There's something you've got to see. Now, come on!" He says. He swings the door open and I see a mirror in the middle of the room. Harry runs to the mirror. "Come on. Come. Come look, it's our parents!" I walk over hesitantly and look in the mirror. I gasp as I see our mother and father standing next to me. Their hands on my shoulders.

"Oh my god..." I whisper looking it up and down.

"Do you see it too?" Harry asks excitedly. I nod slowly and look at mom.

"Yeah, wow I actually really do look like mum" I say with a massive smile. "Ron, look" I pull him to the mirror.

"I only see me" Ron says looking a bit confused.

"Look in properly. Go on. Stand there. There. You see them, don't you? Thats our dad" Harry says. But Ron cuts him off excitedly.

"That's me! Only, I'm head boy...and I'm holding the Quidditch cup! And bloody hell, I'm Quidditch Captain too! I look good. Harry, do you think this mirror shows the future?" Ron asks. I sigh and look away from the mirror.

"How can it? Both our parents are dead" He says. The next day goes by fairly uneventful. I play a game of chess with Fred and we try to prank Harry and Ron. It goes pretty well until Filch makes us clean up all of the confetti that popped everywhere. I am walking down to the mirror room as quick as I can so that I don't get found. When I open the door I see Harry say cross legged in front of the mirror.

"Hey" I say smiling at him. He looks up as I come and sit next to him.

"Couldn't sleep either?" He asks. I shrug and lean my head on his shoulder.

"No, I just wanted to see them" I tell him. He nods understandingly.

"Back again, Y/N and Harry?" A voice says. We both stand up to see Professor Dumbledore behind us. "I see that you, like so many before you, have discovered the delights of the Mirror of Erised. I trust by now you realize what it does. Let me give you a clue. The happiest man on earth would look into the mirror and see only himself, exactly as he is"

"So, then it shows us what we want? Whatever we want?" I say looking in the mirror again.

"Yes...and no. It shows us nothing more or less than the deepest, most desperate desires of our hearts. Now you, who have never known your family, you see them standing beside you. But remember this, you two. This mirror gives us neither knowledge or truth. Men have wasted away in front of it, even gone mad. That is why tomorrow it will be moved to a new home, and I must ask you both not to go looking for it again. It does not dwell on dreams and forget to live" He tells us. We nod and he sends us back to our dorm room. The next day, Harry, Ron and I are in the library, I'm catching up on my potions work and spot Malfoy staring at me from the table in front. He sees me looking and looks away quickly. Hermione comes up with a huge book. She then drops it onto the table. Harry jumps as it makes a loud sound.

"I had you looking in the wrong section! How could I be so stupid? I checked this out a few weeks ago for a bit of light reading" Hermione says. I look at her and smile. Her passion never ceases to amaze me.

"This is light?" Ron asks, looking at the book as if it's on fire.

"Of course! Here it is! Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of the Philosopher's Stone!" She says flicking through a few pages and turning it to show me.

"The what?" Harry and Ron ask at the same time. Hermione and I share a look.

"Honestly, don't you two read? "The Philosopher's Stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers. It will turn any metal into pure gold and produce the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal." Hermione continues. We all crowd around the book.

"Immortal?" Ron asks.

"It means you'll never die" I tell him.

"I know what it means!" He shouts.

" Shh!" A student says from next to us. She gets up and moves to another area.

"The only stone currently in existence belongs to Mr. Nicholas Flamel, the noted alchemist, who last year celebrated his 665th birthday!" That's what Fluffy's guarding on the 3rd floor. That's what's under the trapdoor...the Philosopher's Stone!" I say taking the book from Hermione. We all share a look and come to the same conclusion that we need to go see Hagrid.