5 (chapter 4)

"That foul, evil, old gargoyle. We're not learning how to defend ourselves. We're not learning how to pass our OWLs. She's taking over the entire school" Hermione says pacing in front of the fireplace. The radio starts and Harry turns it up.

"Security has been and will remain the Ministry's top priority. Furthermore, we have convincing evidence... that these disappearances are the work of notorious mass murderer Sirius Black" It says. I roll my eyes in disbelief. Of course they'd blame it on Sirius. The fireplace spits and I turn to Harry.

"Harry" I say and he comes to kneel down with me. Both Ron and Hermione behind us.

"Sirius. What are you doing here?" He asks.

"Answering your letter. You said you were worried about Umbridge. What's she doing? Training you to kill half-breeds?" Sirius asks. I shake my head and scoff.

"She's not letting us use magic at all" I say. Sirius nods.

"Well, I'm not surprised. The latest intelligence is that Fudge doesn't want you trained in combat" He explains. We all turn to each other.

"Combat? What does he think, we're forming some sort of wizard army?" I say sarcastically.

"That's exactly what he thinks, Y/N. That Dumbledore is assembling his own forces to take on the Ministry. He's becoming more paranoid by the minute. The others wouldn't want me telling you this, but things aren't going at all well with the Order. Fudge is blocking the truth at every turn and these disappearances are just how it started before. Voldemort is on the move" Sirius explains to us. The four of us are very worried.

"Well, what can we do?" Harry asks as we hear footsteps.

"Someone's coming. I'm sorry I can't be of more help. But for now, at least, it looks like you're on your own" He says and then disappears. We sit back in silence.

"He really is out there, isn't he?" Hermione says looking out at the storm. "We've got to be able to defend ourselves. And if Umbridge refuses to teach us how, we need someone who will" Harry and I share a look as Hermione turns to us.

"This is mad. Who'd wanna be taught by us?" Harry asks as we walk over the bridge listening to Hermione's crazy plan.

"We're the nutters, remember?" I point out. Ron shrugs with a smirk.

"Look on the bright side: you can't be any worse than an old toad face" He jokes. I nudge him playfully.

"Thanks, Ron" Harry laughs.

"I'm here for you, mate" He says. We reach Hogsmead and Hermione leads us to an empty pub.

"Who's supposed to be meeting us, then?" I ask.

"Just a couple of people," Hermione says looking around. The place is thick with dust.

"Lovely spot" Ron nods.

"Thought it would be safer off the beaten track" Hermione says. People start arriving and we stand at the front. Hermione takes the lead.

"Hi. So you all know why we're here. We need a teacher. A proper teacher. One who's had experience defending themselves against the Dark Arts" Hermione explains.

"Why?" A Ravenclaw asks.

"Why? Because You-Know-Who's back, you tosspot" Ron defends. The boy rolls his eyes and looks at Harry and I.

"So they say" He says.

"So Dumbledore says" Hermione shoots back.

"So Dumbledore says because they say. The point is, where's the proof? If Potter could tell us more about how Diggory got killed..." The boy continues. I stand up and glare at him.