1 (chapter 6)

"Hey, how was your practice this morning?" I ask Harry as he sits in front of Hermione and I. Ron walks to sit the other side of Hermione.

"Yeah it was good, first game is next week" He tells me. I smile at him and the professor starts the lesson.

"One of a wizard's most rudimentary skills is levitation the ability to make objects fly. Uh, do you all have your feathers?" He asks. Hermione raises hers and smiles at me. "Good. Now, uh, don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practicing, hmm? The swish and flick. Everyone. The swish and flick. Good. And enunciate. Wingardium Leviosa. Off you go then"
I pick up my wand and practice the swish and flick before the words.

"Wingardrium Leviosar" He says. I look at him as he whacks the feather with his wand numerous times.

"Stop, stop, stop. You're going to take someone's eye out. Besides, you're saying it wrong. It's Leviosa, not Leviosar" Hermione tells him. 

"You do it then if you're so clever. Go on, go on" He says, throwing his wand down. Hermione straightens up and swishes her wand. Hermione:

"Wingardium Leviosa" She says. The feather lifts up and Ron puts his head on his books dejectedly as he sees I've lifted mine as well.

"Oh, well done! See here, everyone! Miss Potter and Ms. Granger done it! Oh, splendid!" The Professor says. I look over to Harry and see Seamus begins swishing at his feather.

"Wingard Levosa. Wingard Levosa" He says. I shake my head and Seamus' feather explodes. Flitwick gasps.

"I think we're going to need another feather over here" Harry says. Hermione and I take our books and walk out behind the others.

"I was thinking of going to the library, want to join?" I ask her. She is staring at Ron, I look over and hear him.

"It's Leviosa, not Leviosar. Honestly, she's a nightmare. No wonder she hasn't got any friends!" He says. I give her an apologetic look and she pushes past Ron angrily.

"I think she heard you," Harry says. I shake my head and roll my eyes.

"You think? Nice going Ron" I say. I run after Hermione and hear her crying in the girls bathroom. "Hermione? It's Y/N"

"I'll be fine, I just want to be alone" She says. I lean against the sink. "Go to dinner"

"Nah I never really fancied Halloween, I'll stay here with you" I say. She comes out of the stall and I give her a hug. "Not the best place to study but at least we don't have to put up with Ron" She laughs and wipes her tears. We both read a few books and then she decides she's ready to leave. As we are wiping away her tears I hear heavy breathing. We turn to see a large troll in the bathroom.

"Back away slowly" I whisper. She pulls me into the cubicle with her and then the troll swings it's bat. It smashes the stalls and we fall on the floor. I scream as wood falls on top of us. Harry and Ron come bursting in.

"Y/N! Hermione! Move!" Harry shouts at us. The troll smashes the remaining stalls. I hide my face from the chunks.

"Help! Help!" Hermione shouts. They start throwing wood at it, to get the attention away from us.

"Hey, pea brain!" Ron shouts. Ron throws a piece of wood and hits the troll on the head. Hermione escapes out from the stalls to under a sink and pulls me with her. The troll turns and sees us, it lifts up the bar and smashes the sink, just missing us both. Harry gets out his wand. He runs forward and grabs the troll's bat, and is lifted up. He lands on the troll's head, and is hurled forward, then back, and his wand goes up the troll's nose. I grimace at the sight. The troll snorts, and whips around. The troll manages to get Harry off his head and is holding him by one leg, upside down. It gears up its club and swipes at Harry. He pulls himself up, then down so that it misses. The troll swipes again.

"Do something!" Harry shouts at Ron.

"What?" He yells, looking around.

"Anything! Hurry up!" Harry shouts. Hermione and I move closer to the wall and Ron grabs his wand. Hermione waves her hand.

"Swish and flick!" She says.

"Wingardium Leviosa!" Ron says and the club is lifted out of the troll's hand and hovers above its head. The troll looks up, confused, just as the club comes crashing back down. It hits the troll's head and the troll wavers, then drops Harry, he crawls away, and the troll comes crashing down, hard. Hermione stands up and I pull myself up as we approach it carefully.

"Is it...dead?" I ask. Harry looks.

"I don't think so. Just knocked out" Harry says. He holds his hand out to help me over it and grabs his wand...which is covered in goo.

"Ew. Troll bogies" Ron says. Suddenly, McGonagall, Snape and Quirrell come rushing in. They all gasp.

"Oh! Oh, my goodness! E-Explain yourselves, the three of you!" She says. Ron and Harry look between each other.

"Well, what it is..." They both start.

"It's my fault, Professor McGonagall" Hermione says. I look at her confused.

"Ms. Granger?" She presses.

"I went looking for the troll. I'd read about them and thought I could handle it. But I was wrong. If  Y/N, Harry and Ron hadn't come and found me...I'd probably be dead" Hermione lies. McGonagall looks at her shocked but nods her head.

"Be that as it may...it was an extremely foolish thing to do" She says. "I would have expected more rational behaviour on your part, Ms. Granger. 5 points will be taken from Gryffindor for your serious lack of judgment. As for you two gentlemen and Y/N, I just hope you realize how fortunate you are. Not many students could take on a full grown mountain troll and live to tell the tale. 5 points...will be awarded to each of you. For sheer dumb luck"

"Perhaps you ought to go...M-might wake up...heh" Quirells says. We all walk out.