3 (chapter 9)

"Harry?" I ask as he wakes up. He groans and puts his glasses on. He was found at the river with Sirus both of them unconscious.

"I saw dad" He whispers. I sit up straight and feel my eyes widen in shock.

"What?" I stammer.

"He sent the dementors away. I saw him across the lake" He says. Hermione walks over to his hospital bed and we both look at him confused.

"Harry, they've captured Sirius. Any minute the dementors are gonna perform the Kiss" She tells him. He sits up and shakes his head vigorously. I look down and try to hide the pain in my eyes. Sirius is the only family we actually have left.

"They're gonna kill him?" He aske.

"No. It's worse. Much worse. They're going to suck out his soul" I say standing up and pacing as Professor Dumbledore enters the room.

"Headmaster, stop them. They've got the wrong man" Harry tries to tell him. I look over as Ron sits up.

"It's true. Sirius is innocent. It's Scabbers who did it" He adds. Professor Dumbledore looks between the four of us confused.

"Scabbers?" He asks.

"He's my rat, sir. He's not really a rat. He was a rat. He was my brother Percy's rat. But then they gave him an owl..." Ron explains. I roll my eyes as he doesn't get to the point and I walk in front of Dumbledore.

"The point is, we know the truth. Please believe us" I beg. He puts a hand on my shoulder and shakes his head.

"I do, Miss Potter. But the word of three 13-year-old wizards will convince few others. A child's voice, however honest and true... is meaningless to those who have forgotten how to listen. Mysterious thing, time. Powerful... and when meddled with, dangerous. Sirius Black is in the topmost cell of the Dark Tower. You know the laws, Miss Granger. You must not be seen. And you would do well, I feel, to return before this last chime. If not, the consequences are too ghastly to discuss. If you succeed tonight... more than one innocent life may be spared. Three turns should do it, I think. Oh, and by the way. When in doubt, I find retracing my steps to be a wise place to begin. Good luck" He says. When he leaves I turn to Hermione.

"I knew it" I tell her as she pulls out her necklace. Harry stands and walks over to us both. He looks very confused but goes along with it.

"What the bloody hell was that all about?" Ron asks.

"Sorry, Ron, but seeing as you can't walk..." She says and links the time turner around the three of our necks. She turns it a few times and I feel slightly nauseous. It stops and Hermione takes it off both of our necks.

"What just happened?" Harry says confused. I look around and see the place empty. "Where's Ron?"

"7:30. Where were we at 7:30?" Hermione says looking up at the clock. Harry is still looking at us both really confused.

"I don't know" He says.

"Going to Hagrid's?" I say. Hermione nods and we rush out of the infirmary to make our way to Hagrids.

"Come on. And we can't be seen" She says and pulls Harry along with us.

"Hermione! Y/N! Wait up! Hermione, will you please tell me what it is we're doing?" Harry asks as we get to the bridge.

"You foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach!" Hermione says and I hear Malfoy whimpering. We peek out from around the pillar. The four of us are stood as Hermione has Draco pinned up.

"That's us" Harry says.

"Hermione, no! He's not worth it" Ron shouts.

"This is not normal" Harry shakes his head. Hermione pulls out her time turner.