4 (chapter 8)

"Earlier today, Professor Moody placed the Triwizard Cup deep within the maze. Only he knows its exact position. Now, as Mr. Diggory, Miss and Mr. Potter are tied for first position they will be the first to enter the maze, followed by Mr. Krum and Miss Delacour" Dumbledore explains. My eyes look up to Draco in the stands and he nods at me. Hermione and Ron give me an encouraging smile. "The first person to touch the cup will be the winner! l've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter. Should, at any point, a contestant wish to withdraw from the task he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands. Contestants! Gather around. Quickly! ln the maze, you'll find no dragons or creatures of the deep. lnstead, you'll face something even more challenging. You see, people change in the maze. Oh, find the cup if you can. But be very wary, you could just lose yourselves along the way. Champions, prepare yourselves! Good luck" He walks away and we step up to our entrances.

"My boy" Amos says, hugging Cedric.

"See you later, Dad," He says, pulling away. Harry and I smile at each other.

"On the count of three. One..." Dumbledore says and the cannon goes. I take a deep breath and walk into the dark maze. The hedge closes me off from everyone else and it goes silent. After awhile of walking around I still haven't found a way out. I hear a small scream and run towards it seeing Fleur on the floor. I run over to her as the hedge pulls her in. She's ice cold.

"Fleur? Fleur. Periculum!" I say. I release sparks in the air for her and then run away so that I'm not forced to retreat either. I hear shouting and run towards it.

"Expelliarmus!" Cedric yells at Krum. Harry is trying to stop him but Cedric pushes him down.

"No, don't! Stop! He's bewitched, Cedric!" Harry shouts at him.

"What's going on?!" I ask, joining them. Harry grabs Cedric again and he pushes him away.

"Get off me!" He shouted. I slap Cedric around the face and he snaps out of it.

"He's bewitched!" I tell him angrily. He sighs and thanks me. I turn and see the cup as the three of us run towards it. Cedric gets pulled down by the vines and I stop.

"Harry! Y/N!" He shouts trying to latch onto the ground. Harry looks at the cup and shake my head at him.

"Harry we can't leave him!" I scream. He nods and points his wand at the vines.

"Reducto!" He shouts. They let Cedric go and I run to help him up.

"Thanks," He says. I smile at him as Harry meets us in the middle.

"No problem" We both say.

"You know, for a moment there, l thought you were gonna let it get me" Cedric says.

"For a moment, so did l" Harry says.

"Some game, huh?" I say looking around at the maze. It suddenly starts blowing high winds.

"Some game" They both agree and we run quickly to the cup. We stop just at the altar and Cedric turns to us.

"Go! Go on, take it. You saved me, take it!" He tells both of us. Harry and I share a look. I shake my head:

"Together" I say. They both agree and we hold our hands out. "One, two...three!" We get thrown into a dark graveyard and I wince as I hit the ground.

"You okay?" Cedric asks, helping me up like he did when we first met.

"Yeah. You?" I ask and Harry nods as well. I look around and see all the gravestones. Immediately I feel uneasy.

"Where are we?" Cedric asks looking around and back at the cup. Harry is pale as a sheet.