4 (chapter 9)

"Today, we acknowledge a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was, as you all know, exceptionally hard-working, infinitely fair-minded and, most importantly a fierce, fierce friend. Now, l think, therefore, you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort! The Ministry of Magic does not wish me to tell you this. But not to do so, l think, would be an insult to his memory" Dumbledore says as we stand in the great hall the next day. Turns out Barty Crouch JR was posing as Mad-eye and put our names in the cup. Hermione is grasping my hand beside me. I spent most of the night and morning passing in and out of consciousness. Madame Pomfrey said the stress on my body from the cruciatus curse and the challenges had burnt me out. "Now, the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me and reminds us that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues our hearts beat as one. ln light of recent events the bonds of friendship we've made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that, and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain. You remember that and we'll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest and brave and true, right to the very end"

"Ah my favourites" Dumbledore says walking into my dorm room. He picks up the box of licorice snaps.

"Help yourself Professor" I say packing away the last of my things.

"l put you in terrible danger this year, Y/N. l'm sorry" He says sitting down at the edge of Hermione's bed. I sigh and sit opposite him.

"As long as I'm a Potter, I will always be in danger. The problem is...I'm tired of people thinking they can come after me and my brother. I know you're compiling a group of Witches and Wizards sir" I tell him. I overheard Ron and Hermione talking about it. He looks shocked but recovers and nods his head.

"Ah I see" He says.

"I wish to be apart of it and I'm not taking no for an answer" I tell him and stand up.

"Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. But remember this: You have friends here. You're not alone" He tells me. I smile as I look at my pictures on my nightstand.

"I know, Sir" I tell him.

"I will contact you regarding the matter" He says and then leaves. I begin to walk down to the courtyard to watch the other schools leave.

"Hey beautiful," A voice says, wrapping his arms around my waist. I sigh and turn to him with a frown.

"Draco...I need to talk to you" I tell him and take his hands. He shakes his head and glares at me:

"Don't. Don't say what I knew you'd say" He says. I give him a look and he continues to glare at me.

"Draco you need to be smart about this. You could get hurt" I tell him. He laughs and turns back to me.

"So could you" He says. I go to talk but he takes my face in his hands. "Don't push me away. I want to be with you Y/N, no matter what. I can only hope you feel the same"

"I do" I say. He breathes a sigh of relief and kisses me. I knew I wouldn't be able to break it off with him. He's one of the only things I have that are good.

"I'll see you soon, write to me as often as you can" He says and kisses me again. He walks away and the others join me.

"Do you think we'll ever just have a quiet year at Hogwarts?" Ron asks.

"No" I say shaking my head.

"No, l didn't think so" He says. I shrug and smile at the three of them.

"Oh, well. What's life without a few dragons?" I say. They laugh lightly as we look over the bridge.

"Everything's going to change now, isn't it?" Hermione asks. I sigh and turn to Harry.

"Yes" He says. Hermione and Ron hide their fear well.

"Promise you'll write this summer. All of you" She says. Ron rolls his eyes at her.

"l won't. You know l won't" He says. She just shoots him a playful glare.

"Harry will, won't you?" She says.

"Yeah. Every week" He says unsure. I turn to her and link our arms.

"You know I will" I tell her.