1 (chapter 10)

After finishing our exams the four of us are beginning to walk back to the common room.

"I've always heard Hogwarts' end of the year exams were frightful, but I found that rather enjoyable" Hermione says. I stay quiet as I know I did quite well on my exams after studying with Hermione for months.

"Speak for yourself. All right there, Harry?" Ron asks. I rub my scar slightly and watch Harry do the same.

"My scar. It keeps burning" He says. I nod at him and force a smile.

"Mine too," I admit.

"It's happened before," Hermione says. I shrug and feel the burning pain.

"Not like this" He replies.

"Perhaps you should see the nurse" Ron suggests and I suddenly get a thought.

"I think it's a warning. It means dangers coming" Harry says.

"Oh. Of course!" I shout. I start walking fast towards Hagrid's hut.

"What is it?" Hermione asks following.

"Don't you think it's a bit odd that what Hagrid wants more than anything is a dragon, and a stranger shows up and just happens to have one? I mean, how many people wander around with dragon eggs in their pockets? Why didn't I see it before? Hagrid, who gave you the dragon egg?" I say as we reach the hut. The others crowd around me. Hagrid puts his harmonica down and looks at us confused. "What did he look like?"

"I don't know. I never saw his face. He kept his hood up" Hagrid shrugs.

"The stranger, though, you and he must have talked" I say. He just shrugs again and smiles.

"Well, he wanted to know what sort of creatures I looked after. I told him. I said, "After Fluffy, a dragon's gonna be no problem" He says.

"And did he seem interested in Fluffy?" I push for more answers.

"Well, of course he was interested in Fluffy! How often do you come across a three headed dog, even if you're in the trade? But I told him. I said, "The trick with any beast is to know how to calm him. Take Fluffy, for example, just play him a bit of music and he falls straight to sleep" Hagrid says. The four of us share a look and start running back to the castle as Hagrid calls after us. "I shouldn't have told you that. Where you going?! Wait!"

We run straight into McGonagall's classroom. We pass a ghost and stop at the desk. McGonagall looks up in shock.

"We have to see Professor Dumbledore, immediately!" Harry shouts. She shakes her head and puts her quill down.

"I'm afraid Professor Dumbledore is not here. He received an urgent owl from the Ministry of Magic and left immediately for London" She informs us. Harry and I share a look.

"He's gone?! Now? But this is important! It's about...the Philosopher's Stone" I say. Her eyes widen and she sits back in her chair.

"How do you know" She starts.

"Someone's going to try and steal it" Harry cuts her off.

"I don't know how you four found out about the stone, but I can assure you it is perfectly well-protected. Now would you go back to your dormitories? Quietly" She says. We all sigh and then start walking back. When we get out in the corridor Harry turns to us.

"That was no stranger Hagrid met in the village. It was Snape, which means he knows how to get past Fluffy" He says.

"And with Dumbledore gone" Hermione continues as Snape walks up behind us. My eyes widen slightly.