1 (chapter 5)

The next morning, Hermione and I are working in Professor McGonagall's class. I notice Harry and Ron walk in late.

"Whew, amazing, can you imagine the look on old McGonagall's face if we were late?" I hear Ron say. I watch as the cat jumps off the desk and turns into Professor McGonagall. Harry and Ron look amazed. "That was bloody brilliant"

"Thank you for that assessment, Mr. Weasley. Maybe if I were to transfigure Mr. Potter and yourself into a pocketwatch, maybe one of you would be on time" She says.

"We got lost" Harry admits. I roll my eyes.

"Then perhaps a map? I trust you don't need one to find your seats" She says. They slip in the seats next to Hermione and I. I shake my head at my brother and he shrugs. The lesson continues and I jot down lots of notes. We make our way to the next class together and I find a seat near the front. The students are chattering, when the door slams open and Snape comes rushing in.

"There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to enjoy the subtle science and exact art that is potion making. However, for those select few, who possess the predisposition, I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper in death" Snape says. He looks at Harry next to me who is frantically writing. "Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confidant enough to not...pay...attention" I nudge Harry in the ribs and he looks up. "Mr and Miss Potter. Our...new...celebrities. Tell me, Mr Potter what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" I watch Hermione's hand shoot up and I keep my thoughts to myself as I read about potions on the way here. Harry shrugs. "You don't know? Well, let's try again. Where, Mr. Potter, would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?"

"I don't know, Sir" Harry says quietly.

"And what is the difference between Monkshood and Wolfbane?" He asks.

"Monkshood is associated with 'chivalry' while wolfsbane can mean 'misanthropy' or a dislike of others, Sir" I interrupt. Snape's eyebrows raise at me and he nods his head.

"Pity. Clearly, fame isn't everything, is it, Mr. Potter? You should learn a thing or two from your sister" Snape says. Harry mouths a thank you as Snape continues his lecture. At midday, the four of us make our way to the great hall and we begin working on our homework. Hermione and I are comparing notes when Harry speaks up.

"What's Seamus trying to do to that glass of water?" He asks. I turn to see Seamus with his wand.

"Turn it into rum. Actually managed a weak tea yesterday, before..." Ron says and there's a smash as the cup explodes. I shake my head as students laugh at his appearance. Owls begin to fly in and drop letters and parcels to students.

"Ah. Mail's here!" Ron says as he catches a newspaper. Hardy and I obviously don't get anything but I send him a small smile.

"Can I borrow this?" He asks Ron. Ron nods as Harry opens the newspaper.

"Thanks" He says. I notice Neville is unwrapping a gift next to me. It is a clear ball with gold around it.

"Hey, look! Neville's got a Remembrall!" Seamus shouts. I turn to see it grow a red cloud inside it.

"I've read about those. When the smoke turns red, it means you've forgotten something" Hermione says putting her quill down.

"The only problem is, I can't remember what I've forgotten" He says. I laugh at him and go back to my work.

"Hey, Ron, somebody broke into Gringotts. Listen, Believed to be the work of dark witches or wizards unknown, Gringotts goblins, while acknowledging the breach, insist that nothing was taken. The vault in question, number 713, had in fact been emptied earlier that same day" Harry tells us. "That's odd"